Sponsored

OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks. i am curious. Why does the person at this link recommend the module (for example, ERC1) over the cables referenced by this JSCAN person? Is the module just a lot more convenient? Thanks again.
@Gmanjeeper

After your first encounter with the 12-8 Chrysler cables and the security gateway connections..... you will understand why I strongly encourage guys/gals to go install a security gateway extension cable and to go with a dedicated security gateway bypass module instead of the iffy, clunky/large footprint, old school, 12-8 Chrysler cables.

Should also mention that with a dedicated bypass module it is easy to leave the bypass in place.... you can buy a holder for it or Velcro it to a support member.

There are valid reasons why you would want to leave the bypass module in place.. One being to use live features offered by JSCAN and other tools... also, leaves the bypass in play should you need to quickly clear a code, etc..

As for me, these days I would not use.... bother with, deal with, 12-8 Chrysler cables if you gave them to me for free..

Sponsored

Last edited:

danramos79

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bringing this thread back to life.

My 2018 JLUR that I own since new, has never shown the offroad pages on my stock 8.4" headunit. I recently updated the firmware, and used JSCAN (with the ECRI security gateway bypass) to activate the following:
- Off Road Pages present On/Off (by the way, this item was already active in the ECU, so I set it up to inactive, then back to active)
- Off Road Mode Present On/Off (was inactive). Not sure what this one does.
- Off Road Capable On/Off (was inactive). Also not sure what this one does.

I did the restart all ECUs / all modules twice. No luck. The offroad pages won't show up. I have waited two weeks already since I did all of the above and nothing.

Any advise is appreciated.
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0182
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0181
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0180
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0183
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0184
Jeep Wrangler JL OBD JSCAN - Off Road Pages IMG_0185