Sponsored

Nosey neighbor..

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
"Just saying" it's Willis not willies without correcting anyone😂
I think you missed the point of my post. It was simply about how many people have told me that "Willis" is dead wrong, not the other way around. I get it that some pronounce it Willies - I don't correct them, and I don't care. All I did was mention that the man himself - after whom the vehicle and company were named - pronounced it Willis. Which should be good enough to not constantly be told I'm wrong, but apparently its not . That's all I said - nothing more. Can we at least move on to how it is not spelled "Willy's"?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I think you missed the point of my post. It was simply about how many people have told me that "Willis" is dead wrong, not the other way around. I get it that some pronounce it Willies - I don't correct them, and I don't care. All I did was mention that the man himself - after whom the vehicle and company were named - pronounced it Willis. Which should be good enough to not constantly be told I'm wrong, but apparently its not . That's all I said - nothing more. Can we at least move on to how it is not spelled "Willy's"?
Unless of course the owner of said jeep is named Willy, then it's Willy's Willys (Willis or Willies)...

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Unless of course the owner of said jeep is named Willy, then it's Willy's Willys (Willis or Willies)...
Ironically as the thread starter I looked at the Willy trim.
But my name is Walter, so I would have DEFINITELY changed the I to A.
=WALLY'S.
So the thread would have been called" Nosey neighbor wants to know how much my Wally cost...."

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I only check this thread for humor.....these past few days. Thanks all.

Sponsored

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
It’s one habit I can’t stand from us Quebecers: we always want to know « what that person paid for it », no matter what product we are talking about.

The thing is: generally, a Quebecer will want to know it just to shit talk in your back to strangers, saying « you’re making too much money » or stuff like that.

My wife made the horrible mistake of telling the neighbors what’s my job. Since then, every discussion I have with neighbors ends up being about money...

« Oh!, with your salary, I guess you can have that ». As if I was dancing in a dumpster of money every night before I go to sleep.

I just end up saying « that’s what happens when you go to school and work your ass off... »

I love Quebec and its folks. But that jealousy about money is a strong minus...

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It’s one habit I can’t stand from us Quebecers: we always want to know « what that person paid for it », no matter what product we are talking about.

The thing is: generally, a Quebecer will want to know it just to shit talk in your back to strangers, saying « you’re making too much money » or stuff like that.

My wife made the horrible mis take of telling the neighbors what’s my job. Since then, every discussion I have with neighbors ends up being about money...

I love Quebec and its folks. But that jealousy about money is a strong minus...
The company van in front of the house gives away what I do for a living, where my shop is located, and from that info you can't literally find my exact wages as a union electrician/foreman including benefits, retirement, etc on the dir website. Maybe it's because our wages and union agreements are so readily accessible, maybe it's because I couldn't possibly care less what others think about me, but I have no issue discussing wages, vehicle costs, etc. Sure there will be those that talk shit behind your back, but they'll do that anyway. They might as well have accurate information while they spend their time talking about me.

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
While washing my week old JL for the first time my neighbor next door came over to take a look.
But he caught me off guard by asking what I paid...Its not like asking my wife's bra size but I don't think I would ask....and especially since he's not in the market.

Ideas?
I see only one answer to that question: 36D (.)(.) (you know, or whatever her bra size is)

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Why THAT response? Some girls just look like that. 🤷‍♂️ As long as she’s healthy, that’s what matters.
Tell me how you feel about Willys
No no, no, no. That sir, is a paid conversation between a licensed professional and a registered patient. While this forum offers “free” advice, I must insist that you charge forum members for your services. Especially the person who your quoted statement was directed at.
But I totally fear the optics of an old man going for a drive with a random 20-something.
it’s only weird if you roll down the windows and gleefully squeal “weeeee!” as she drives your rig. While you’re in your boxers sporting a raging hard on.

JLmidwest

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
I wonder if in another forum somewhere a guy made a thread titled OVERLY SENSITIVE NEIGHBOR? "I was just making conversation with my neighbor and asked how much something cost, not that I really cared. He acted so offended at the question. Anyone ever get this?" 😆

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if in another forum somewhere a guy made a thread titled OVERLY SENSITIVE NEIGHBOR? "I was just making conversation with my neighbor and asked how much something cost, not that I really cared. He acted so offended at the question. Anyone ever get this?" 😆
Did he mention the smell of the devils weed drifting his way?
Coming from a guy washing two Jeeps?😎🗽🎼

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
While washing my week old JL for the first time my neighbor next door came over to take a look.
But he caught me off guard by asking what I paid...Its not like asking my wife's bra size but I don't think I would ask....and especially since he's not in the market.

Ideas?
Say it was an impulse buy, you don't really remember. Works every time.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Say it was an impulse buy, you don't really remember. Works every time.
I like this. Or better yet, say "I just opened up my cash-filled briefcase and they took what they needed." :LOL:
Sponsored