Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III
Nathan -

I apologize for the issues you've had with the products to this point. I can assure you that the bearing in the bearing plate is purposely pressed in at a slight angle for proper alignment with the sector shaft when the brace is installed. It is not intended to be flush with the bearing plate.

In regards to the other issues -- unfortunately, I have no way to know what happened to the parts once they leave our facility. I can say that we inspect our products before they get packaged and do our best to ensure that nothing goes out that has any noticeable issues. On occasion, it is possible that the bracket could come from our manufacturing facility with a small nick or blemish on the edge d/t placement after it's completed, or, when it is being shipped back to our office to be kitted up. If the products are being damaged during shipping (you mentioned have a video of the package being destroyed when it arrived), you would need to provide that to NR4x4 after receiving the package so that they can file a claim with UPS/FedEx so that they can get reimbursed for the damage that was the fault of their carrier.

FWIW, we do not sell previously installed products to anyone as new. We have a scratch & dent option that we use to sell products that have been received back from customers that show wear or marks of attempted installation. Any product in this category is inspected prior to being reboxed, and it is sold as a scratch and dent product at a discounted rate.

We have had good luck with the Northridge team selling our products and rarely if ever see reports of customers having problems with them and our products. We do our best to make sure that the packaging is tough and the components are protected as we've seen a decrease in care among delivery companies as of late.

All of this being said, if there is something that we can do to help with this situation, shoot me a DM and I'll see what I can do.
Dude you guys are great. You guys are prompt at re
Nathan,

I apologize how the part arrived to you, its not to your standards nor is it to mine. Like you said I also agree our customer service team did what they could to get this resolved for you as fast as possible.

I dont want to sit back and forth and argue about this or that.

Here is a timeline-

Your first order with us was on 6/21 @ 12:40 we shipped the order on 6/21 @ 3:09 pm it came from a few different of our warehouses and parts were delivered on June 24th and June 28th.

The part in question was delivered to you on June 28th @ 2:47 PT .
You called in to NR Customer service June 28th @ 3:17
We received your photos at 3:37 PM
Standard practice on something like this is to call the MFG alert them of the mistake and have them ship you another one. Unfortunately steer smarts was closed for the day since they are East coast time and so Jen called them numerous times and after getting nobody at
8:49am on the 30th Jen let you know a replacement was getting sent out to you which she did another order for you and shipped it from our inventory instead of waiting on the MFG. This was on June 30th and we shipped you a new one on that day. We only had them in stock in our Washington warehouse and the 4th of July holiday caused you to receive your product on July 6th.

IN regards to your Quake lights. I am truly sorry about that also. We are constantly working with MFG's to increase the packaging they provide so these sort of things dont happen.

We are also working on creating better packaging from our stand point and trying to double box as many things as possible and adding additional packaging material to the packages. Some of these items are so large we have to ship them in the package that the MFG provides.

I will have a customer service rep contact you tomorrow get you a pre paid label to send back the quake lights and we will refund you asap those appear they have been through hell.

At the end of the day the last thing we want is our customers to receive anything but perfect product and we are constantly working on improvements with the MFG's and our own warehouses to try and minimize the chances of Damages happening.
Correct, there is no going back and forth needed.

fact of the matter being, I’m out $500+ bucks and time and energy on the SteerSmarts parts issue. (Past that).

As far as the lights?

That doesn’t amend the issue. So (again) you want me to go out of my way. On my end. And you guys are doing absolutely nothing on your end but having me spend / lose more money by sending an undoubtedly ruined product / package sent for the 3rd straight purchase.

by me sending back and getting a “refund”?

1st off I have to drive to a local library to access a printer. On top of driving over 20 minutes to the nearest UPS, again, my time and energy, and spending unnecessary money in gas.

2nd I’ll he getting a “refund”, but not in its entirety because I will be losing out on sales tax. Also again, unacceptable.

What should be done, is you reaching out to Quake LED, and seeing about doing EVERYTHING in your power to get me the damaged part expedited and shipped overnight to me because that is what a reputable, caring business does. But we both know that’s not the case

Don’t worry, I did your job for you. Rather, atleast what someone would expect the honorable thing to do would be.

I just personally got off with Julia @Quake LED , and she not only LISTENED, to my concerns, she immediately put me on hold, got ahold of her warehouse, and is immediately shipping me the passenger side light. OVERNIGHTING it at that. And the item wasn’t even drop shipped from them. It was shipped from YOUR warehouse!

Why is she doing that? When the issue completely resides with incompetence on your side of logistics?

So no. I don’t want to waste time, energy, spend money on gas, and lose Money on a return, and drive illegally because my fender flares are chopped and removed with no lights because your company won’t do the right thing. So I’m now spending an additional $58.87 for an overnight shipping, to get a NEW, no scratch, no dings perfect ship and conditioned item.

but guess what? I’m ok spending the money. Because this wasn’t even their problem to addressed, it was YOURS. She was going to simply ship me one ground for free, but my club is hosting an event in Carlisle next week for the All Breeds Jeep show, and I need them to be here before then.

Thanks for nothing @Northridge4x4 apparently the saying stands, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nathan -

I apologize for the issues you've had with the products to this point. I can assure you that the bearing in the bearing plate is purposely pressed in at a slight angle for proper alignment with the sector shaft when the brace is installed. It is not intended to be flush with the bearing plate.

In regards to the other issues -- unfortunately, I have no way to know what happened to the parts once they leave our facility. I can say that we inspect our products before they get packaged and do our best to ensure that nothing goes out that has any noticeable issues. On occasion, it is possible that the bracket could come from our manufacturing facility with a small nick or blemish on the edge d/t placement after it's completed, or, when it is being shipped back to our office to be kitted up. If the products are being damaged during shipping (you mentioned have a video of the package being destroyed when it arrived), you would need to provide that to NR4x4 after receiving the package so that they can file a claim with UPS/FedEx so that they can get reimbursed for the damage that was the fault of their carrier.

FWIW, we do not sell previously installed products to anyone as new. We have a scratch & dent option that we use to sell products that have been received back from customers that show wear or marks of attempted installation. Any product in this category is inspected prior to being reboxed, and it is sold as a scratch and dent product at a discounted rate.

We have had good luck with the Northridge team selling our products and rarely if ever see reports of customers having problems with them and our products. We do our best to make sure that the packaging is tough and the components are protected as we've seen a decrease in care among delivery companies as of late.

All of this being said, if there is something that we can do to help with this situation, shoot me a DM and I'll see what I can do.
Well the items I have received, were all shipped from NorthRidge 4x4s warehouse. A video of unboxing? Yes I have it. And the scratch and ding items are completely acceptable and understandable bro. But I didn’t purchase that from them. I purchased new fresh out the powdercoat oven items. And I got just the opposite. I never once said you guys sell used items. What I said was I received what appears to blatantly be abused / used items, and you can see that clear as day in the items I was sent. Both times. So I very well may have been shipped ding and dent items. But never once did I opt to buy said category of items. That’s all. Reading my response to NorthRidge a few minutes ago, I just went yet again and got everything handled, costing me my time, energy, and more money. My quarrel isn’t here with you. But I appreciate reaching out nonetheless and seeing if there was anything on your guys end that you could do to alleviate the issue. 👍🏼

• Haha

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Well the items I have received, were all shipped from NorthRidge 4x4s warehouse. A video of unboxing? Yes I have it. And the scratch and ding items are completely acceptable and understandable bro. But I didn’t purchase that from them. I purchased new fresh out the powdercoat oven items. And I got just the opposite. I never once said you guys sell used items. What I said was I received what appears to blatantly be abused / used items, and you can see that clear as day in the items I was sent. Both times. So I very well may have been shipped ding and dent items. But never once did I opt to buy said category of items. That’s all. Reading my response to NorthRidge a few minutes ago, I just went yet again and got everything handled, costing me my time, energy, and more money. My quarrel isn’t here with you. But I appreciate reaching out nonetheless and seeing if there was anything on your guys end that you could do to alleviate the issue. 👍🏼
I understand and hope you know my response wasn't insinuating that you felt we sold used parts, I just wanted to clarify so that there was no questions in that regard.

I also didn't feel that you had an issue with us specifically, but I still wanted to reach out and offer to help resolve things so that you are happy. At the end of the day, you are still a customer of ours whether you bought it directly from us or one of our authorized dealers. Our goal is a happy end-user.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
OP, I'm sorry about the issues you've had/are having with Northridge 4x4. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the years and (knock on wood) I've never had to contact their customer service once. Been 100% satisfied so far...

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
We have a scratch & dent option that we use to sell products that have been received back from customers that show wear or marks of attempted installation. Any product in this category is inspected prior to being reboxed, and it is sold as a scratch and dent product at a discounted rate.
I am the type of guy that looks for this! :like: Glad to know I can watch your site for one to pop up.

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
My experience with Northridge 4x4 has been positive. A lot of stuff is direct ship from the manufacturer, particularly the expensive stuff. UPS and FEDEX can be brutal on packages. I have no problem ordering from them. Sad for your experience. Keep Jeeping and be safe! Cheers

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Never had any issues and I have ordered a ton from Northridge. In fact, I have ordered so much I think I deserve a new hat as I wore mine in the river and now it fits awkwardly. Hit me up @Northridge4x4

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I have no dog in the fight here, just saw this scrolling through and read it all.
Northridge doesn’t package these parts in their original packaging. UPS is extraordinarily hard on packages as they cross the country.

I know it’s frustrating nonetheless, but there are more people to point fingers at than just a distribution outfit. The results could have been identical to this had any of the parts suppliers in the industry shipped them.
^^
Not Northridge or Steer Smart issue. Carrier issues for sure.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I've got nothing but good things to say about Northridge, they have taken care of me on a number of orders.

The real moral of the story here is don't schedule and start work on your Jeep until all of your parts are present and inspected, especially if it's a daily driver. You end up setting yourself up for a no win situation and put everyone involved in a bind.

With all of the craziness these days in the supply and manufacturing chains, everything is touch and go, and expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
+1 for Northridge4x4's Customer Service.

I recently had a problem with a Body Armor 4x4 product defect. BA/The Wheel Group/Wheel-1 jerked me around for a week (before ceasing to reply to emails.) It wasn't until Northridge4x4 Customer Service got involved that BA shipped me the replacement part. They took care of the issue the same day I called them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
^^
Not Northridge or Steer Smart issue. Carrier issues for sure.
Really? Funny. I’ve ordered over idk…10-12 things from Quad never an issue. Got light overnighted from Quake LED…funny. No issues. It’s NorthRidges fault for doing nothing about it

• Haha
OP
OP
Izzo93

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
+1 for Northridge4x4's Customer Service.

I recently had a problem with a Body Armor 4x4 product defect. BA/The Wheel Group/Wheel-1 jerked me around for a week (before ceasing to reply to emails.) It wasn't until Northridge4x4 Customer Service got involved that BA shipped me the replacement part. They took care of the issue the same day I called them.
You should try to get sponsored from them buddy. And good for you. They haven’t done a damn thing for me

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Really? Funny. I’ve ordered over idk…10-12 things from Quad never an issue. Got light overnighted from Quake LED…funny. No issues. It’s NorthRidges fault for doing nothing about it
You've never had an issue with Quadratec but I'd bet there are people who have had similar experiences with Quadratec that you've had with Northridge. Does that make them a terrible vendor? No and it doesn't make Northridge a bad vendor either. Nobody's perfect and shit happens sometimes. From what you've relayed and from what NR4x4 has said on this thread, it sounded like they tried to make things right but what they were offering to do was not up to your high standards.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I think this could have been handled differently- not bashing in a public forum. Nathan, you seem very passionate about your build, I get it- stuff is expensive but $hit happens. I suggest taking a step back from the computer, smoke a cig and breath. These things can be worked out and usually are taken care. I can promise, these companies will help you if you let them.