Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Well I guess we aren't doing Reiter for a few weeks. :crying: They're evacuating Index this morning.
Yeah, I’m watching the news to see if they stop it from getting further. If it wasn’t so hard to get in/out along US-2 I’d be running donations up to the evac site.
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Just saw that. Smoke is pretty bad here on Kitsap peninsula as well. We are looking to take a bike ride this afternoon but wondering about my lungs!

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I was out picking huckleberries near Snoqualmie Pass on Saturday. Saw this view of the smoke plume behind Granite Peak.

From what I've heard, Reiter remains closed, but is not currently threatened by the fire.
20220910_122252~2.JPG

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I got my UD44 today. Unfortunately something went wrong with my regear, so I’ll be tearing the rear apart to see if I can get away with new bearings or if I need a whole new R&P. Pinion seal is still on backorder, so it might be a bit.
‘Till next time!

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Well if you want to check your suspension, Mt Pilchuck road is like 3mph in places. :giggle: I was there a few weekends ago and disconnected the sway bar and just sorta putted along and it was mostly pleasant.

Was up on the FS road beneath McClellan on Friday and it was nicer. Major dips at the beginning only. I've gone up the west branch to the creek, back in 2018 with my YJ, and wanted lockers for a couple spots. I want to go up toward upper mine creek and the lakes but didn't have time Friday.

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I'm down to 2 holes to drill and some more track-bar mount grinding then I should be able to get the UD44 married up to the Jeep. Fender liners should be here this week, fenders are already set to install.
Then, I'll pull the rear cover to see if I'm re-ordering a R&P or just replacing bearings. I hope it's just bearings, I have those.
Driveshaft shop visit happens after that. I can wheel without them, but it's a matter of time before I toast the rear, lol.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Im thinking about Tahuya Saturday afternoon.....I have to work in the morning but can be at the trailhead by 230.....Anyone down?

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Im thinking about Tahuya Saturday afternoon.....I have to work in the morning but can be at the trailhead by 230.....Anyone down?
Do it!
I'm still working on mine and will be down for the foreseeable future.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I could be in... and it's my birthday that day! PM me.

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Is Reiter open again?

(Been a rough week, no hike planned, might drive, depends on weather and waiting on someone to get back to me.)

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gauging interest in a beginner run for forum members. It would be North of Seattle. I’ve encountered a few who haven’t been out to the trails yet, but want to!
If we get 1 or 2 bites, I’ll post up a date. I’m thinking Reiter Foothills ORV along US-2 if we have mainly stock vehicles or Walker Valley ORV on WA-9 if we have some mods. Rails/sliders for non-lifted or mild lifts and understanding driver if pinch seam is bare.
Non-beginners welcome too!
I’m located near Portland but I might be interested in coming out!

OP
OP
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I’m located near Portland but I might be interested in coming out!
I’m wrapping up my axles (centered pattern, but backlash is 1 thou too much in some spots) and need to do break-in, but I think Reiter is still closed due to the fire. My club is doing Evan’s Creek this weekend though. I won’t be there, obviously.
A buddy from work owes me some garage time, so the swap to 39’s should go quick after break-in.

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
So
I’m wrapping up my axles (centered pattern, but backlash is 1 thou too much in some spots) and need to do break-in, but I think Reiter is still closed due to the fire. My club is doing Evan’s Creek this weekend though. I won’t be there, obviously.
A buddy from work owes me some garage time, so the swap to 39’s should go quick after break-in.
Wow that’ll be great to get out there after! I’m over here thinking the Superchips TrailDash 3 is going to make a big difference :CWL:
I didn’t expect such a quick reply so I’ll have to plan the trip for another weekend since it looks like a 3.5hour drive out.. What are the trails like out there? I’m pretty used to Jordan Creek near Tillamook and my Jeep is a daily driver so I can’t break too much
Sponsored