Normal behavior or something going bad?

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I have noticed recently that my JLURR with the 2.0 etorque hesitates and jerks a lot of the time when starting from a dead stop, or when switching from brake to acceleration at very low speeds (i.e. turning a corner). This seems to always happen first thing in the morning after sitting overnight. If I start it and let it run a few minutes before taking off, it seems to reduce the occurrence of the issue. I tried charging the main 12v battery in case it was getting run down from sitting, but that did not change anything. Is this normal? I don't recall this happening at first, but I don't drive it much right now. it's a '20 Recon with 2200 miles.
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
My 2020 recon does not do that..as much as you describe. That said, from a standing start if I hit the accelerator more than mildly it tends to jump forward but then It seems to take a second for the turbo to spool up. Just the nature of a small displacement motor with turbo and a hybrid battery that quits helping at 1,600 RPMS. I wish the hybrid battery was a bit more stout...perhaps support to 2,200 rpms....