Sponsored

Non-working MOPAR Aux Switches? Check your battery!

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
PSA, if you hop into your JL/JT and the aux switches button text light up but aux switch orange indicator light doesn't light up when the button is pressed, get your battery charged up!

Ran into this today on my 2020 JT, stumped me for a bit until I realized it's been a bit cold recently and I seldomly drive my JT. There was no notification text on the UConnect screen at boot up like others have reported, just non working aux buttons. You can check the voltage by moving through the menus on the guage cluster, sure enough mine was low. I assume the vehicle kills power to the buttons to preserve battery for startups. After driving it 10 or so minutes the aux buttons re-enabled themselves on their own.

Just wanted to spread the word so people don't make unnecessary dealership visits.
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't this pretty common knowledge at this point? That AUX switched disable themselves when battery voltage is low.

OP
OP
JRobes

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Maybe?

I've seen that some have posted that their uconnect will give a message saying their switches were disabled while the battery charged, but mine didn't, not sure if it just needs a software update. Just wanted to let others know to not try troubleshooting until after checking the battery first.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yup. First ESS won't work, then aux switches don't work. Those are your two bad battery warning signs before all electronics have a conniption and you're stuck.