Sponsored

Non-led light package

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
My JL does not have the Factory led light package so I put in led bulbs into my daytime running lights. My drivers side light does not turn on when headlights are turned off but the passenger side the day time running lights work. When my headlights are on my drivers side running light works.

Is it the bulb or something else?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting for my Rubi to be built, so I can only go off of what I've read on this forum. There should be a light setting menu in the uconnect system that allows you to choose between LED and incandescent. If so, yours is still set to only acknowledge the latter. Hope this helps or at least bumps it to where it gets noticed more.

OP
OP
Bszczepanski

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I have the tazer and my setting was switched to LED lights to prevent the bulb out notification on the dash. The drivers side running light does not turn on during the day but turns on when headlights are on so I know the bulb works. Just trying to figure if I should switch back to OEM.

I'm still waiting for my Rubi to be built, so I can only go off of what I've read on this forum. There should be a light setting menu in the uconnect system that allows you to choose between LED and incandescent. If so, yours is still set to only acknowledge the latter. Hope this helps or at least bumps it to where it gets noticed more.
ha is.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Flip the bulb over. Which bulbs did you buy?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You said the drivers side only is off during the day but on when the headlights turn on, does the passenger side light do the opposite, turning off when the headlights are turned on?

OP
OP
Bszczepanski

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You said the drivers side only is off during the day but on when the headlights turn on, does the passenger side light do the opposite, turning off when the headlights are turned on?
Just the drivers side fender running light is off but the passenger side turns on. When I turn the headlights on both fender lights work. I know the bulb can’t be defective since it does turn on.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did flipping the bulb work?

OP
OP
Bszczepanski

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flipping should work fine.
The bulb wasn’t clipped in all the way. The aftermarket led bulbs were a tight fit but all good now. Just waiting for it to warm up to install the sequential turn signals from morobito.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The bulb wasn’t clipped in all the way. The aftermarket led bulbs were a tight fit but all good now. Just waiting for it to warm up to install the sequential turn signals from morobito.
I ran into the same thing when I swapped out all my RV’s interior bulbs with LEDs from amazon. They either did not work until you flipped them, or they did not seat well and you had to coax them into the sockets.

OP
OP
Bszczepanski

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran into the same thing when I swapped out all my RV’s interior bulbs with LEDs from amazon. They either did not work until you flipped them, or they did not seat well and you had to coax them into the sockets.
It was a lot of force to get it to clip. Wish I would have figured this out sooner.
Sponsored