x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a plastic bumper with the LED fog lights, about to get a steel shorty bumper that does NOT have recessed wells for fog lights. What are the options out there for a "post mount" type LED fog light? Ideally something that would plug into the factory LED fog light harness/connectors. I've looked at JW and Rigid but all their fog light options seem to be recessed mounted in the bumper instead of something on top of it. Or maybe some extra mount that has to be purchased to work for my application?

Any recommendations are appreciated!
Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
I currently have a plastic bumper with the LED fog lights, about to get a steel shorty bumper that does NOT have recessed wells for fog lights. What are the options out there for a "post mount" type LED fog light? Ideally something that would plug into the factory LED fog light harness/connectors. I've looked at JW and Rigid but all their fog light options seem to be recessed mounted in the bumper instead of something on top of it. Or maybe some extra mount that has to be purchased to work for my application?

Any recommendations are appreciated!
There are plenty of aftermarket LED lights that can be mounted to a bull bar or hoop. While street legal versions from Rigid or KC are super expensive, if off-road use is what you are after there are plenty of choices.

An issue I found is that the factory fog light circuit cuts out if you are pulling too much current, which is why I connected mine to one of the AUX switches.

OP
OP
x7tristan

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@InspiredEngineering ... Thanks a bunch for the replacement cube. I finally got a chance to get the work done.

It works fine; and the new brackets and hardware are ginormous improvements. Excellent service.
Sponsored