No response from dealer on ordered Rubicon

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I will update this thread with the outcome, I am posting this because this was the only Jeep dealership willing to give me 3% under invoice in CA. Maybe they will come through but as of now I am not overly impressed, below is a partial email I sent to Mike MacDonald at FCA.

"Hello,
I placed an order from Courtesy Jeep in San Juan Capistrano Ca. on 2/14/19. I have had conflicting reports from Jeep Chat and no contact from my Dealer regarding status. A couple of weeks after I ordered I double checked my paperwork and I saw that it had been put in as a dealer order and not a sold order. I immediately contacted the dealership and was assured by one of the managers that it was put in as a customer sold order.. On or about 3/8/19 I was informed through Cryptostickers that my build was scheduled/complete and I was able to view my window sticker. About a week ago 3/12/19 I contacted Jeep Chat to see how my Jeep was progressing, the rep asked for my name and address and after a minute he told me the Jeep was built and in shipping but did not have a delivery ETA and suggested I contact Jeep Chat on Friday 3/15/19.
Today 3/19/19 I contacted Jeep Chat again and was told my Jeep was a dealer order and was not able to get any information for me. He contacted the dealership on my behalf but was told my sales rep was not available. This is the same sales rep that has not returned two previous phone calls or replied to my email."

I am waiting for a response from both the Jeep dealer and Mike MacDonald. My main concern is ZERO contact from dealership, and conflicting order status. I realize it has only been 5 weeks.. so I am only in a slight panic..lol
Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
I ordered 2/16 - Arrived Train Station on Friday unloaded on Sunday (Houston) - would imagine i get it next week at dealership - 4-5 weeks seems t be about the timeline just now

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Just cancel your order and buy from Kent at Peterson's Stampede in ID. The drive home, after picking it up, would be beautiful and you'd save another 5% off your order. No guess work, no hassles, in and out when the rig arrives is well worth the SWA ticket...

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
You have the vin? It's been built? Jeep Chat doesn't give reliable shipping status (Or any at all).

Call the dealer and talk to a sales manager to get an answer. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

OP
OP
Prestige Billet

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just a quick update...
I just received a phone call from Mike MacDonald ( yes, it took him LESS than 15 minutes to respond to my email) ! He confirmed the following;

1. My Jeep has been built and is on a train in Illinois.
2. Jeep Chat rep I spoke with today was incorrect or made a typo and he should have been able to give me a status update.
3. My Jeep Dealership did put in the order correctly

All that is good news

BUT my dealership has still not contacted me...over a week since my first email and several days from my phone calls, 3 hours from the time the Jeep Chat Rep spoke with one of the managers who said he would call me directly.
I mention this because in another thread about pricing I gave them a recommendation for the 3% below invoice purchase price and want others to beware that this price may come at a cost for customer service. I will continue to update, so others will know what to expect my this dealership

*** I am dealing with the sales manager, they are the ones not calling back****
Eddie

Sponsored

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm gonna second that suggestion. Call Kent at Peterson's Stampede in ID. Stand up guy; and you'll save some money.... For mods.

OP
OP
Prestige Billet

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I appreciate the help, but even an additional 4 or 5% off does not make it worth it. Most dealerships have a $500 doc Fee, CA is $99 so that takes care of 1% then you have airline ticket, fuel and hotel that takes another 2%. So to drive all that way for $500 is not worth it for me, but for some it may be.
PLUS once in California you have to make an appointment at DMV ( more time off work) so they can inspect it (yes even if it is new), and then you have a $75 smog fee ( more time).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just a quick update...
I just received a phone call from Mike MacDonald ( yes, it took him LESS than 15 minutes to respond to my email) ! He confirmed the following;

2. Jeep Chat rep I spoke with today was incorrect or made a typo and he should have been able to give me a status update.

All that is good news

BUT my dealership has still not contacted me...over a week since my first email and several days from my phone calls, 3 hours from the time the Jeep Chat Rep spoke with one of the managers who said he would call me directly.
I mention this because in another thread about pricing I gave them a recommendation for the 3% below invoice purchase price and want others to beware that this price may come at a cost for customer service. I will continue to update, so others will know what to expect my this dealership

Eddie
Your sales person, sales manager, dealer get incentives for excellent customer service. You dealer experience is poor. Fill out your survey honestly.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I got an excellent deal. Even though FL dealership fees are ridiculous!

It did come at the cost of customer service. WONT be buying from the dealership ever again and wont be recommending them. In fact, even after the 2nd/3rd screw up by them, I was just happy to sign the good deal and drive away and told them since they had fixed the problems I encountered they would all receive good reviews and recommendations. Then they managed to screw up 3 days after I had driven off and I had it. I totally trashed them on Google and FB.

Sales guy had the balls to tell me I dont know how car business works THROUGH TEXT MESSSAGE. I told him he could call me after 5pm when I got off work and we could discuss. He declined.

Oh well.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update...

All that is good news

Eddie

Hey how did delivery go, Rob Trachtman is offering to match Jim Marsh pricing.. i would love to order in CA and avoid the whole DMV/Smog effort and out of pocket expense.. but i saw some reviews on yelp that they tried to push extra warranties, financing fees, and accessories on people at time of contract signing. Seemed like folks that walked in off the lot. But I am scared to put 1k down to do a factory order, then find out when the jeep arrives that they pull that kind of stuff, and have to walk away from 1k. Did delivery go well as far as all that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Prestige Billet

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey how did delivery go, Rob Trachtman is offering to match Jim Marsh pricing.. i would love to order in CA and avoid the whole DMV/Smog effort and out of pocket expense.. but i saw some reviews on yelp that they tried to push extra warranties, financing fees, and accessories on people at time of contract signing. Seemed like folks that walked in off the lot. But I am scared to put 1k down to do a factory order, then find out when the jeep arrives that they pull that kind of stuff, and have to walk away from 1k. Did delivery go well as far as all that?

Hi,
Delivery was good. No issues, he asked if I wanted extended warranty, I said no and we moved on...no problem. They were able to beat my credit union financing by 1/2% as well.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
"Hello, I placed an order from Courtesy Jeep in San Juan Capistrano Ca.

This is the same sales rep that has not returned two previous phone calls or replied to my email."

My main concern is ZERO contact from dealership
That’s disappointing, this is where I ordered my Jeep. I saw that you got your Jeep and everything worked out :like: but I’m really disappointed at the way you were completely ignored by the dealership you purchased your Jeep from. Terrible customer service.
Sponsored