First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
SPOT ON man ... SPOT ON. This is exactly it. I am putting myself in the salesperson's shoes... In my contacts, I gave them all they needed to work up the quote. EVERYTHING - even the order codes. The transaction couldn't be more simple. in the email I said "This is exactly what I want, if you can order it for me, let me know what your best, out the door cost will be." I don't think I could haven made it clearer that they can make money for pushing a few buttons, asking their service people to peel shipping plastic off a new vehicle, and making me sign some papers.

Still. No responses from them. Any of them. Amazing.
It is amazing to me that NO ONE stepped up. They're still probably too hesitant to do the work for nothing and aren't very good at what they do.

Let me ask you, if one of your local dealers said "Let me cut out the foreplay. It's obvious you want to be, if you're ready to order today, just come in with your deposit ready and I'll get you the absolute best price we can offer, without BS or haggling." Would you make the move or would you be that guy/girl to still try to shop every penny out of the deal?
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Be willing to drive/fly for your best deal. Don’t limit yourself to local dealers who don’t want to EARN your business. There are plenty here on the forum that WILL earn your business, if given the opportunity.

Yes, your time is valuable. Use it working with dealers KNOWN to give what you are looking for rather than wasting time trying to force a local to do business the way you want or getting upset because they WON’T. It’s obvoiusly no skin off their nose if you buy from them or not. :facepalm:

Good luck! Let us know how you make out! :like:

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Go to True Car. You will get calls immediately after pressing enter.
I think a good deal of folks are looking to avoid calls and work in email.

When I started looking I knew what options I wanted and a deal a Houston dealer was offering. 3 hour drive so I wanted to see what could be had locally. Emailed 4 dealers, gave my specs, gave details on Houston deal, and asked if they could match as I would prefer to go local.

I got one response the next day and was told they would match so I went with them. 2 never replied, a third replied 2 weeks later asking when I was coming in to work out the numbers and details. They continue to email me every few days....

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I think a good deal of folks are looking to avoid calls and work in email.

When I started looking I knew what options I wanted and a deal a Houston dealer was offering. 3 hour drive so I wanted to see what could be had locally. Emailed 4 dealers, gave my specs, gave details on Houston deal, and asked if they could match as I would prefer to go local.

I got one response the next day and was told they would match so I went with them. 2 never replied, a third replied 2 weeks later asking when I was coming in to work out the numbers and details. They continue to email me every few days....
I love this. You gave them all the chance to match or beat with the incentive of "I'll buy from you if you do since I want to buy locally." There was something in it for them. You didn't say "Spend time working up this price so I can take it and shop it."

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
You didn't say "Spend time working up this price so I can take it and shop it."
Actually that's exactly what he said...

More than one salesperson wanted to sit down with me and order my Jeep "right now," but no one was willing for me to take the quote and compare to other dealers. (Here's how that conversation went .... Me: "I'll sit down with you and tell you what I want. Once you give me your best price, I'll take that away and compare it with other dealers. In the end, I'll take the best deal." Them: "Happy to help, but if you're not interested in buying frankly it's a waste of my time." or "We can order something but have you see the amazing deals we have on the lot?")

Terry

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yes, that is what nerp said. Which is why I believe he got the responses he did. Mordin Solus had a dfifferent approach.

I've never sold cars, so I am just speaking based on my own experience in sales.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you mean, that absolutely discouraging I used to sell cars.

You're pretty much telling sales you're not buying from him, period.

Once I had an incident selling Nissan when I priced out a car at lets say $25,500 and few days later my customer bought else where for $25,300. What they didn't know is nissan released additional $500 rebate on that that model and my deal would be $25,000. At the end of the day customer payed more.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I love this. You gave them all the chance to match or beat with the incentive of "I'll buy from you if you do since I want to buy locally." There was something in it for them. You didn't say "Spend time working up this price so I can take it and shop it."
Thanks and yeah I like to think I am pretty straightforward to deal with. Went forth with what I knew was a deal I was happy with and simply wanted to see if local would match. Could I have gotten better? Maybe.

Even now I could get another 1 or 2 percent elsewhere if I worked it, but not worth my time and I already struck a deal I was happy with so why jerk people around?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nerp

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
BTW - this is only what I said **IN PERSON** not in email where to this moment ... no one has gotten back to me AT ALL.

OP
OP
nerp

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that is what nerp said. Which is why I believe he got the responses he did. Mordin Solus had a dfifferent approach.

I've never sold cars, so I am just speaking based on my own experience in sales.
Yes, but Mordin HAD A QUOTE ... I have none.

OP
OP
nerp

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm darn near at the "I don't care anymore" stage and if people don't want to bother to get a sale from me, I'm not willing to work for their business. Seriously, why do they bother having a contact form if no one looks at it? Turn the damn thing off. Why do they bother having a Facebook site or email address for the sales manager if no one looks at it -- TURN THE DAMN THINGS OFF. Just say it like it is: "If you want a vehicle from us, you need to walk in and be prepared to negotiate and purchase on the spot. Otherwise, we don't give a shit."

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I'm darn near at the "I don't care anymore" stage and if people don't want to bother to get a sale from me, I'm not willing to work for their business. Seriously, why do they bother having a contact form if no one looks at it? Turn the damn thing off. Why do they bother having a Facebook site or email address for the sales manager if no one looks at it -- TURN THE DAMN THINGS OFF. Just say it like it is: "If you want a vehicle from us, you need to walk in and be prepared to negotiate and purchase on the spot. Otherwise, we don't give a shit."
Yeah it can be very frustrating for sure! Also, check and see if the dealers webpage has something like a meet the team page. Oftentimes you can see a list of internet sales people with their direct email. And if still no answers widen the search range.

For the most part though they seem to want to just get you in there to work you on the price.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99% of dealers operate exactly like that, they have a “internet sales” who call and just set an appointment for you to come in THATS IT, once/if you buy from that appointment they get a commission.

Closest dealer that was offering a great deal to me was 200miles away and that who I went with, a sales person who posted on here offering transparent pricing and exactly what they can offer, I really appreciated that, placed my order and picked up 3 weeks later. I could have done business locally but first dealer I went to didn’t want to deal, I said thank you for your time and left. Because of that experience I started doing heavy research, found this forum and did a solid month of reading up on all great info that is available on here.

Got my Rubicon at 6% under invoice or roughly $6k under MSRP

Cheaper then base-ish Rubicon I test drove.

My buying experience has been phenomenal. So stop wasting your time and just travel a bit for a perfect JEEP @ good deal.
Sponsored