Sponsored

Dealer ordered me 2 tops on my custom order...

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just as title says I went in to the dealer in December, placed an order for a JL, when placing the order, I saw the sales rep add two tops to the order. I asked him if the first top he chose was replaced by the second (color matched top), and he said yes. (I only wanted the color matched top which is surprisingly cheaper).

I later confirmed with the Sales Manager that only one top would be on the car. I finally found the car on Jeep.com, and my car says "in transit" and under options I have both dual top/color matched freedom top.

What do you believe will happen at the dealer?

I have been in a rush for this car since it will be going to be used as a test car for an Auto parts manufacturer to build their retail piece off of.

(pic attached)
msrp pic.png

NOTE* They ordered the car without me seeing or approving the options. As I told them I was in a rush, they took the liberty of ordering what they believed was what I wanted, I never approved the list, if that helps put everything in perspective.

TIA

Sam
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This looks totally correct for a dual top with the body colored hard top.

OP
OP
isueyou

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I dont think so, if you custom build one on their site the color matched top is $2,095, this comes out to $3,395.

I get maybe if I wanted a color matched dual top this would be correct?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did you want the dual top (premium soft top) or not?

This order will be a premium soft top and a body color hard top

OP
OP
isueyou

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It says Dual top group- Black Freedom top and premuim sunrider soft top $2,195

and then under (almost at the bottom) that it says Body Color freedom top- $1,200

Thats three tops...

Sponsored

OP
OP
isueyou

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wanted one top, a body colored top.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Welll...you're getting 2.

I know it looks like 3 but that's just how they do it.

But you definitely are getting the dual-top group with a body colored hard top instead of the black one.

OP
OP
isueyou

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Okay thanks, I was worried about storing one hard top let alone too. You think they can do anything seeing as I only wanted one top still.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Okay thanks, I was worried about storing one hard top let alone too. You think they can do anything seeing as I only wanted one top still.
The dual top option will have the hardtop installed with the premium soft top in a large box in the cargo area. All you have to do is remove the soft top boxes from the cargo area. I don’t believe any of the soft top components are installed on the vehicle.

You are paying an extra $1,100 for a complete premium soft top. $2,195 dual top vs $1,095 hardtop only. If you really don’t want it maybe the dealer will buy it from you for $1,100 credit or you could easily sell it for more $$ since they don’t appear to be available for purchase from mopar yet.

Not sure why Jeep charges $1,200 extra for paint when ordering dual top but only $1,000 when ordering hardtop only. So I guess the soft top actually cost you $1,300.

Maybe your dealer is trying to pull a fast one and plans to keep the soft top without your knowlede??

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would ask your dealer to find you another one with the options you want. Or post the premium soft top for sale. It's not an available option on a base sport so someone may want it.

There is a takeoff thread on this forum. I think it is a little early for Craigslist but you may have luck on eBay.

Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Where do you live? I want a premium soft top...dealer forgot to switch and didn’t want to wait at the back of the line for another one.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
My lot JLU had both tops.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I am hoping this is the case regarding the soft top not being 'pre-installed'. On my '14 JKU w/ the dual top group / body colored top (just like this order), the soft top was bolted in the back and to get it out had to completely remove the hard top first. Shouldn't be too hard to sell the soft top I would think since I'm sure someone bought a hard top only model that would want it along with Spring coming up soon.
Sponsored