Sponsored

No more Alpine stereo / Subwoofer?

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
Did jeep do away with it's affiliation with Alpine? I've always enjoyed the Alpine upgraded stereo and subwoofer!! I don't see it mentioned in the new material..
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
It's still advertised as an "Alpine Premium Audio System" for the '23 Rubicons..

Jeep.com > Build & Price > 2023/Wrangler > Rubicon > Build > Summary (at bottom) > Standard Features > Audio & uConnect

And as "premium Alpine audio system" in the new 2024 press release for the Rubicon X trim. Not sure if it's still standard for the regular Rubicon, but since they were mostly highlighting new things today, I'm assuming it is.. maybe.

Edit; Nope, it's no longer standard equipment for the non-X Rubicon and is now part of the $2,300 Technology package.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-refresh-gets-major-updates-upgrades.111379/

Last edited:

PBJ

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR (Tuscadero)
Hi all. I just bought an Anvil 2024 JLUR 4xe. Love it. Only upgrade I want is in the stereo. Anyone know of any aftermarket upgrades that are out yet? The sound bar/head unit are completely different from my '21 JLURER.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I ordered premium audio with mine. I assumed it was Alpine but who knows.

discgolferlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys 4 door in Anvil
I have a 2024 willys with the alpine package. I can assure you it's still avialable in 2024.

Sponsored

PBJ

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR (Tuscadero)
Thanks for the replies. I'm wondering if the speakers are the same (2023 Alpine vs 2024 Alpine)... And, how to hookup the amp to the head unit...

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I'm fairly certain the speakers are the same, the plugs behind the radio I believe are different. There are multiple ways to add an aftermarket amp to an OEM system, with the plug in interfaces being the easiest, but you might have to wait 6-12 months for them to create a harness.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I think it used to be a standalone option (it was on my 2018 Sport) but now is included with the tech package, at least on the Rubicon.