First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Yeah sorry, very biased source there. :)

OP
OP
Stuckinthesand

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stuckinthesand

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I think the context is missing. I read that as the author is anticipating and advocating it to be ended, not that FCA is doing that yet.
Read my other link posted a few posts down. It is in fact coming from Morrison.

“In the Motor Authority interview, Morrison provided a very clear picture of the future of Jeep powertrains. Morrison told Motor Authority that V8s are dead in performance Jeeps, and there are no clear plans on how to proceed with the Trackhawk nameplate.”

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Welcome to old news. All this was revealed before. This article does not point out that they have already admitted to finishing out the run of V8's in current platform vehicles through 2023. Clickbait article that is rehashing a bunch of older articles from a month ago and more.

OP
OP
Stuckinthesand

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Welcome to old news. All this was revealed before. This article does not point out that they have already admitted to finishing out the run of V8's in current platform vehicles through 2023. Clickbait article that is rehashing a bunch of older articles from a month ago and more.
That makes sense. I didn’t consider it that way.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
One more thing. Bronco and Bronco Raptor may change Jeep's plans too. :)

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
That makes sense. I didn’t consider it that way.
Just to be a lil' clearer. A few months ago, the execs admitted that they were closing down the lines that make the hellcat and 392's and those engines would be absent come 2024. This article just hyped it up a lil' more and made it seem like it just happened. The 392, for all intents and purposes, should be in the 2023 Wrangler for one more year.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Just to be a lil' clearer. A few months ago, the execs admitted that they were closing down the lines that make the hellcat and 392's and those engines would be absent come 2024. This article just hyped it up a lil' more and made it seem like it just happened. The 392, for all intents and purposes, should be in the 2023 Wrangler for one more year.
That makes more sense. That's a huge investment to be throwing away after only 2 model years.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

the new inline 3.0 twin turbo will be taking over for the SRT line. I hate seeing this happening since you know. electric batteries just dont last and then they get stuff in the earth to ruin it more than a little C.O emissions. anyways i wont get into that. The Ceo's have already said full electric will not come to jeep for a very long time if it ever does. Hybrids are good but still ICE will be needed as our power grids cannot handle the increase of power production to keep up with the demand. California alone is already telling you, you cannot charge your car between 2PM-9Pm daily due to grid restraints. and currently we do not have the water source to make more power via Hydro. electric. this whole ordeal is stupid
Sponsored