First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I just bought a Grand Cherokee L last week with the Tread Lightly discount. A few dealerships would not honor it, but the one I usually buy from was happy to take my money again. I can't see them permanently dropping the affiliate program as all of the other major brands still have them. Fortunately, we bought 2 New Jeeps in the last 10 months so I should be good for a while.
How are you liking the GC L? What model and options did you go with?
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

How are you liking the GC L? What model and options did you go with?
I traded in a 2019 GC with the 5.7. We used the 5.7 to tow and I really liked that engine. I have had every engine in the GC except the diesel as I have owned a 2006 SRT, 2017 3.6, 2018 SRT, and 2020 Trackhawk... I think the 5.7 is the best all around engine in the GC. However, we are not towing with this vehicle and will rarely have it loaded up with a bunch of people in it. I like the option for regular unleaded and the much better MPG than the 5.7 with premium fuel required was able to achieve.

I wanted the Summit Reserve, but my wife absolutely could not get over the brown stitching highlights that really stand out on the door panels of both the black and light grey interior options. I could not get her to budge so we ordered a Overland with all of the packages and options. This led to a higher price than the Summit! Anyway, it is her car...

A nice surprise was that the Overland is supposed to be the easiest to set up for flat towing as the bar will just bolt up to where the tow hooks stick out of the grill. On all other models of the GCL, you will have to cut the grill and I bet it is going to stick out like a sore thumb. In addition, we were one of the lucky ones that were able to order and receive a GCL with the air ride. Jeep has temporarily suspended that option and gives a $750 credit for the lack of the adjustable suspension. I would not buy one without it.

The heads up, massaging seats, finish work, radio, and other luxury features come very close to my M5 at less than half the price.

Ok, now the bad. The new Uconnect is finicky and does not work consistently. Everything you are hearing negative about that has been true with our GCL, sometimes it works perfectly, and sometimes it does not. Same experience with the first iDrive upgrade on the early BMW's I had so they will probably be able to fix it eventually at the dealer.

The very, very, very bad news. At 430 miles I noticed a softball size puddle of oil under the car in my garage. Not sure how long it had been dripping for. Got underneath and absolutely everything is covered with some kind of plastic undercarriage except for the very bottom of the oil pan. You can't see anything into the engine bay from underneath so there is no way to see exactly where the oil is coming from. The oil drain plug seemed a bit loose so I looked up the torque spec for it and tightened it. Yesterday at 650 miles the spot is back and bigger! Called Jeep dealership, they are three weeks out on service and will not provide a loaner car in the meantime nor when I drop it off as the loaner cars are booked up for 4 weeks! Sucks to have a brand new car sitting in the garage and then having to pay for a rental care while you make payments on the Jeep you can't drive. @JeepCares

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I traded in a 2019 GC with the 5.7. We used the 5.7 to tow and I really liked that engine. I have had every engine in the GC except the diesel as I have owned a 2006 SRT, 2017 3.6, 2018 SRT, and 2020 Trackhawk... I think the 5.7 is the best all around engine in the GC. However, we are not towing with this vehicle and will rarely have it loaded up with a bunch of people in it. I like the option for regular unleaded and the much better MPG than the 5.7 with premium fuel required was able to achieve.

I wanted the Summit Reserve, but my wife absolutely could not get over the brown stitching highlights that really stand out on the door panels of both the black and light grey interior options. I could not get her to budge so we ordered a Overland with all of the packages and options. This led to a higher price than the Summit! Anyway, it is her car...

A nice surprise was that the Overland is supposed to be the easiest to set up for flat towing as the bar will just bolt up to where the tow hooks stick out of the grill. On all other models of the GCL, you will have to cut the grill and I bet it is going to stick out like a sore thumb. In addition, we were one of the lucky ones that were able to order and receive a GCL with the air ride. Jeep has temporarily suspended that option and gives a $750 credit for the lack of the adjustable suspension. I would not buy one without it.

The heads up, massaging seats, finish work, radio, and other luxury features come very close to my M5 at less than half the price.

Ok, now the bad. The new Uconnect is finicky and does not work consistently. Everything you are hearing negative about that has been true with our GCL, sometimes it works perfectly, and sometimes it does not. Same experience with the first iDrive upgrade on the early BMW's I had so they will probably be able to fix it eventually at the dealer.

The very, very, very bad news. At 430 miles I noticed a softball size puddle of oil under the car in my garage. Not sure how long it had been dripping for. Got underneath and absolutely everything is covered with some kind of plastic undercarriage except for the very bottom of the oil pan. You can't see anything into the engine bay from underneath so there is no way to see exactly where the oil is coming from. The oil drain plug seemed a bit loose so I looked up the torque spec for it and tightened it. Yesterday at 650 miles the spot is back and bigger! Called Jeep dealership, they are three weeks out on service and will not provide a loaner car in the meantime nor when I drop it off as the loaner cars are booked up for 4 weeks! Sucks to have a brand new car sitting in the garage and then having to pay for a rental care while you make payments on the Jeep you can't drive. @JeepCares
Oh man… that’s quite the write up. I’m sorry about your initial issues with it. What do you think is causing the leak?

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What does this mean for the bottom line price? For the discount dealers that sell on volume and offer up to 8% under invoice, does that equate to 7% now?
From my dealer that typically offers 7% under invoice:

“The affiliate pricing is going away on the first of October. This is going to only affect the pricing by 1%. “

Thats good news!

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
From my dealer that typically offers 7% under invoice:

“The affiliate pricing is going away on the first of October. This is going to only affect the pricing by 1%. “

Thats good news!
Who do you go through?

Sponsored

peter314

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just talked to a representative from FCA Affiliate Rewards and she told me that it would be up to the dealer if they wanted to honor AR pricing for orders placed before October 1st but delivered after. She said there is a way for them to honor it if they choose. I pick up my Wrangler today and hopefully they will honor it for me.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just talked to a representative from FCA Affiliate Rewards and she told me that it would be up to the dealer if they wanted to honor AR pricing for orders placed before October 1st but delivered after. She said there is a way for them to honor it if they choose. I pick up my Wrangler today and hopefully they will honor it for me.
Good luck! It comes down to whether the dealership is willing to eat the cost or not.

Keep us posted.

peter314

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Good luck! It comes down to whether the dealership is willing to eat the cost or not.

Keep us posted.
I couldn't get them to honor the affiliate price but I did get $1k off. It sucks but I'm still happy that I got my Jeep.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
So i am talking to the FCA group over email now, this is exactly what they are saying:

"I did want to offer information regarding eligible vehicles, as the Jeep Rubicon is not part of the program currently. The program extends to the below make and models. Any FCA brand vehicle not listed in the ineligible section will be eligible under the program. This information is also available and up to date online at www.fcausaffiliates.com under the “vehicles” tab. If you placed an order for a vehicle prior to the October 1st, 2021 changes and your vehicle is now ineligible, you may still be eligible for the program discount. Dealerships have the option to use a process called “Sold Order Protection” to lock-in incentives. Please work with your dealership with questions regarding this process or to confirm if you are covered by this protection. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions. I hope you have a great rest of your week!"

i am going back and forth with my dealer - Mike at Mall of Georgia and he already told me that i will loose that 1%. 600 and some change is not a big deal in grand scheme of things, but i have a feeling they either dont know the process or are not willing to honor it for whatever reason. I dont think the dealership have to eat that cost, they get a kickback from Jeep for using this program.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So i am talking to the FCA group over email now, this is exactly what they are saying:

"I did want to offer information regarding eligible vehicles, as the Jeep Rubicon is not part of the program currently. The program extends to the below make and models. Any FCA brand vehicle not listed in the ineligible section will be eligible under the program. This information is also available and up to date online at www.fcausaffiliates.com under the “vehicles” tab. If you placed an order for a vehicle prior to the October 1st, 2021 changes and your vehicle is now ineligible, you may still be eligible for the program discount. Dealerships have the option to use a process called “Sold Order Protection” to lock-in incentives. Please work with your dealership with questions regarding this process or to confirm if you are covered by this protection. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions. I hope you have a great rest of your week!"

i am going back and forth with my dealer - Mike at Mall of Georgia and he already told me that i will loose that 1%. 600 and some change is not a big deal in grand scheme of things, but i have a feeling they either dont know the process or are not willing to honor it for whatever reason. I dont think the dealership have to eat that cost, they get a kickback from Jeep for using this program.
This is interesting info. Let us know how things turn out? Good luck.
Sponsored