No Jeep waves here :(

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I had to go to Boston twice last week. No one waves in Boston.
Everyone is too busy honking, tailgating, crowding, and cutting each other off. A bicyclist flipped off a car. Nice city.
Sponsored

reedred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willy's
If I'm ever on the subway, something is very very wrong. I will wave, attempt to make eye contact, try to pass someone a note, or whatever else I can do to plead for help without drawing the ire of my captors.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
Saying "hi" to somebody in NYC, Jeep or not, will always end up in the other person looking at you weird. XD

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I was in nyc with my Jeep not to many waves there New Jersey was ok on the waves in my area I get waves from 90% jl and jt owners and I also get the lifted xj and zj owners
I live in North Jersey, been driving Jeeps for 33 years. I still wave at every Jeep I see. Now, my wife also waves. As does my 12 year old daughter, who will report back to me if the other Jeep waved back or not. Funny thing was my wife got so used to doing the wave, that she would do it even if she was in her Smartcar. Then wonder why they weren’t waving back. Yes, she’s a blonde.
Oh yeah, there are a lot less return waves these days. Just proves that even though they were smart enough to buy a Jeep, they still don’t understand.

Sponsored

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Jeep waves in Quebec are slowly but surely fading. They are everywhere now and my guess is that 50 % of those folks don't even know the wave is a thing.

Now...I don't want to assume anything. But I never, ever, ever got a wave back from a JL Sahara driver. Not once.

Rubicons and Willys? About a 100% wave back rating.

So...I guess Sahara's the newbie trim. Or the snob trim. :)

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Jeep waves in Quebec are slowly but surely fading. They are everywhere now and my guess is that 50 % of those folks don't even know the wave is a thing.

Now...I don't want to assume anything. But I never, ever, ever got a wave back from a JL Sahara driver. Not once.

Rubicons and Willys? About a 100% wave back rating.

So...I guess Sahara's the newbie trim. Or the snob trim. :)
You're assuming, but swing down the Jersey coastline and I'll wave. (Just don't pull up next to me, that's awkward)🗽😉

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Fairly new Jeep owner in Upstate NY.

For what it's worth, I try to wave as much as I can. I know I miss a few here and there if I'm distracted or whatever but I think I get most of them.

And on the flip side, I'd say I probably get somewhere around 50% of waves back at me which isn't too bad.

Sponsored