Parker1

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS
Bronco doesn’t have to better it just has to steal some sales, which I think it will. If Jeep released a refresh within the next two years I would probably buy it and I think a lot of other people would too.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
One area where Wrangler can certainly improve is is interior space utilization. Our rigs have a midsize exterior and a compact size interior. But I don’t see this happening until the complete redesign in another 6 years.
That is the question I've been wondering - will they make it bigger? The JL feels tighter inside than my old YJ, but that had half doors which were thinner, and I'm a little bigger now. We don't take our Jeep on trips because it's just too tight. Ironically, the rear seat passengers have it better than the front.

I sat in a Bronco at the dealer. It's a little larger, but enough of a difference to become a comfortable road trip vehicle.

Of course, making it larger would make it worse at Jeep things. So I will be curious what direction Stellantis will go with the next generation.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
I'd like to see them add 2 things from the ram crew cab. 1. Rear seats recline. 2. In floorboard storage (if possible) to ice down a few cold beers.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Of course, making it larger would make it worse at Jeep things. So I will be curious what direction Stellantis will go with the next generation.
Yeah I really hope they don't make it any bigger. I think a lot of the 'cramped interior' is because the way the body is narrower than the axles. Which is fine? I like that. But selfishly, the Jeep fits me fine.

I wish the seats went down lower! That would be the one thing I'd change first. I don't care if they have power seats, but I would like ventilated seats!

Other things I'd do? I'd try to fit bigger speakers in there. How'd they do this in the JK and run out of room in the JL? lol

Oh yeah, I'd add a USB port at the top of the windshield header for a dash cam.

I'm surprised with electronics these days that they don't make some kinda usb add-on CB radio system. lol.

I'd also like bigger, better brakes as an option. And a revision to the suspension/steering? And a better solution for mounting rock rails/side steps.

I'll also add the usual request for a bronco-style modular hard top. I know with Jeep quality that may be impossible...

Long term thinking: I'd love to see them do an EV with a frunk like the F-150 has. That would be seriously cool. I don't know if they can, or would.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They should offer atleast a rear locker only on some of the lower models as an option! Looks like the Uconnect 5 should make it for 2022 which I am hoping for along with who knows maybe a 10” screen Jeep?? Lol. Personally I truly am hoping they bring back the Anvil color which is my all time favorite if not they better keep the snazzberry color or I am going to be pissed I waited..lol
Would be nice to have a couple gearing options like a 4:10 for Sport/Sahara models and a 4:56 for Rubicons. And lower gearing across the board for MT equipped JLs.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

How about the ability of the passenger mirror to tilt automatically when in reverse?

Deleted member 59498

Most of the upgrades I would do to interior I can get from a shop and do myself. Otherwise I am happy with the interior. Just so many types of wheels to go on them really not a fan of the rubicon wheels I have. But again something I can change for myself. I don't know, no wish list for me.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Bronco doesn’t have to better it just has to steal some sales, which I think it will. If Jeep released a refresh within the next two years I would probably buy it and I think a lot of other people would too.
I don't see the Bronco stealing jeep wrangler sales. It may take away from the explorer or GC or something. Cutting into Wrangler sales probably not going to happen. Maybe Wrangler will be stealing some of the Bronco buyers actually. It is more comparable from what I have seen to Grand Cherokee etc.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Regardless of how many would be Jeep sales go to Broncos, the existence of the Bronco is good for us Jeepers. It will help drive innovation. Competition is a good thing.

I've seen several Broncos in the wild, all four door. It seems very small. I completely agree with the Honda Element comment earlier. Of course these are sports or one of the more pedestrian looking trim levels.

I have seen one that looked like a Sasquatch edition. It looked much cooler and more capable than all the other Broncos I've seen. But the wheel wells are so small. It looks like there's barely any room in there for flexing!

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Since the OP asked about the next generation, if I were Stellantis I would develop a single common platform from which I could build a next gen Grand Cherokee or Wrangler and had a longer form upon which to build a next gen Grand Cherokee L or Gladiator or Dakota mid size pick up.

Or depending on how the market goes, offering a stripped down next gen Grand Cherokee variant that had the off road capabilities and after market modding versatility of a JK or JL could be the death knell for the Wrangler. You could even get the removable top like Ford did with the Bronco Sport which is built on the same platform as the Escape.