New Windshield Installed 2019 Jl

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Finally Got my new Windshield Installed Today.....5 weeks to the day to get a factory windshield....one interesting fact from the installer as I watched the whole process is the factory seal around the windshield....they took it off and installed a bigger one..which he said would seal better...the factory one seems smaller and is easier to pinch in some area's which was the case on mine at top creating a wind whistle once you got around 50 mph so all should be good now....we will see once all of it sets up....of course there is not much they can do for cracks and rock chips in the future...LOL

Resized_20200130_133119_9256.jpg
Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Finally Got my new Windshield Installed Today.....5 weeks to the day to get a factory windshield....one interesting fact from the installer as I watched the whole process is the factory seal around the windshield....they took it off and installed a bigger one..which he said would seal better...the factory one seems smaller and is easier to pinch in some area's which was the case on mine at top creating a wind whistle once you got around 50 mph so all should be good now....we will see once all of it sets up....of course there is not much they can do for cracks and rock chips in the future...LOL

Resized_20200130_133119_9256.jpg
Wow! 5 weeks? Crazy, I hope they can improve on that in the future... Glad yours is fixed, enjoy your ride!

OP
OP
Pappy11

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Yea....what I said....of course the issue I had was the dealer uses a local Glass Company...and it took him 3 weeks to get one in...then 2 weeks to be able to get to me...sucks but on the dealer's dime...I called safelite Glass and they had one in stock but my dealer did not use them...all in all it's done...

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Yea....what I said....of course the issue I had was the dealer uses a local Glass Company...and it took him 3 weeks to get one in...then 2 weeks to be able to get to me...sucks but on the dealer's dime...I called safelite Glass and they had one in stock but my dealer did not use them...all in all it's done...

yes, customer comes first but Mr. Dollar gets the VIP treatment

Sponsored

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Those are crazy wait times. My local shop offered the Mopar glass and the aftermarket replacement, my choice without any delay. I paid $170 for the aftermarket and called it good. Safelite said they could get the Mopar glass in a day.

Cost drove my choice, knowing that I would go through this again as some point down the road. I still have occasional dreams of driving to work behind a fleet of gravel trucks and no exit ramps...

OP
OP
Pappy11

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
well next time I will go to where ever I want...I just bought this one back in Dec.. and had this issue...so it was on the dealer's time...next go around will be up to me...

OP
OP
Pappy11

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Well The Bad News....let it set for over 24 hrs.....drive it tonight Nice Clean Pretty New Windshield....but did not solve the problem....
Sponsored