New mopar JL Grille installed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
how about a 3M film ?
@mxincanada

You asking if covering the grill with 3M film would be a way to go...... Well, my guess is in short order, the film would discolor / yellow, tan thanks to the high heat that the grill has to deal with.
Sponsored

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
Our 2016 Renegade Latitude 4x4 (Solar Yellow) developed a condition on the grille where the color just completely faded out. I tried every product to try and bring back the color to no avail. FCA was aware of the issue but did absolutely nothing about it.

I took it to a buddy of mine who owns a body shop. His suggestion…..black bedliner. It looks awesome as it has some texture to it. It’s now tougher than a $2.00 ribeye. We haven’t gotten a single stone chip in it.

mxincanada

First Name
Ugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepssss & LR
@mxincanada

You asking if covering the grill with 3M film would be a way to go...... Well, my guess is in short order, the film would discolor / yellow, tan thanks to the high heat that the grill has to deal with.

I did my Grand Cherokee grill with 3M. No discoloration after 2 years but it does chip.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I did my Grand Cherokee grill with 3M. No discoloration after 2 years but it does chip.
Grand Cherokee and a JL are a tad different in regard to high heat at the grill...

The JL sees especially high temps at the grill.... like when the JL is hot hot and not moving or is parked in a confined space/garage when it is hot.

I LOL at guys that install the cutsy grill inserts in the front of their JL... Insert has to reduce air flow... not good...

Yes, 3M along with discoloring gets nicks/chips and can soon become unsightly.