New steering box

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
I've been on the list for the new steering gear since last November.

Called the dealer today and was told that everything is on hold until March 12 ! :swear:
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We had it done, made a great difference! Jeep always felt off since the day we picked it up but it seems like the problem is definitely cured :)

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The caster measures about 4.5 degrees. From what I am reading it needs to be around 6 to drive like it should.
That is too low and adjustable LCAs would really help. The Mopar lift LCAs gave me 1.3* to 6* On my JLR. I’m much happier with 7* on my JLUR. I used MC LCAs.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The caster measures about 4.5 degrees. From what I am reading it needs to be around 6 to drive like it should.
Yeah, if you don't plan any additional lift to your Rubicon the Mopar lift LCAs should be on your "must-do" list. Will make a noticeable difference at hwy speeds and unless you're dealing w/ cross winds you should now have stress-free drives on the hwy :)
I know you mentioned earlier in your thread that you didn't have issues at high speed, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised w/ the difference going from mid 4 to 6 degrees caster.

Sponsored

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Yes it helped my wondering a lot on the highway. Get the new steering box and a stiffer steering stabilizer, like the fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. Nice and firm steering after.

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I've been on the list for the new steering gear since last November.

Called the dealer today and was told that everything is on hold until March 12 ! :swear:
Contact Jeep Cares. I was waiting since September and as soon as I contacted Jeep Cares the part was delivered to my dealer within a week.

OP
OP
Tennjeeper

Tennjeeper

First Name
Delson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Vehicle Showcase
All of you wandering Jeep’s. The real fix is this simple. You need to add 1/4” longer front lower control arm and your problems will go away. You need a front caster of at least 6 degrees. Mine drives like the Jeep I always wanted.

BriKan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
All of you wandering Jeep’s. The real fix is this simple. You need to add 1/4” longer front lower control arm and your problems will go away. You need a front caster of at least 6 degrees. Mine drives like the Jeep I always wanted.
Will the longer front lower control arm make a difference on a stock 19 Sahaa ?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Will the longer front lower control arm make a difference on a stock 19 Sahaa ?
Your control arm should already be right-sized. Check your camber: search this forum for directions how, and download a free angle finder from the App Store. You are shooting to be at or slightly over 6 percent
Sponsored