New mopar JL Grille installed.

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2Dr
Thanks everyone. I went out and looked and had never noticed that the trim is actually the same piece as the grill. @Poseidon can you confirm that the trim pieces are satin black and not primered?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Does the mopar grill include the rock guard screen or do you have to buy it separately or reuse the original? One pic shows it. The other does not.
Come with it. That’s the mopar one that costs around 320.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s all satin black as the one I ordered from Mopar is all one piece and all painted satin black

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. I went out and looked and had never noticed that the trim is actually the same piece as the grill. @Poseidon can you confirm that the trim pieces are satin black and not primered?
It’s all satin black. I have it and can tell you yes it is. I ordered from mopar and it really changed the look of my Jeep

Sponsored

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Poseidon i just received my grill and trim kit and it looks like the trim is unpainted. Is yours painted?

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Poseidon i just received my grill and trim kit and it looks like the trim is unpainted. Is yours painted?
Yes buddy there are 2 type. Is it the mopar one? I think I paid 325 for it.

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I was thinking i woukd pull off the original one and plasti dip it matte black. Can always tough up or remove down the line. Any thoughts? Don’t actually have the jeep yet but making lots of plans lol

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Poseidon , nice rig, I really like that bumper, if you don’t mind,what brand is it and where you get it?
Yea the rig is done buddy. I had the accident. Don’t know if you read up on it. It’s on homepage at the bottom Jeep JL wrangler shows it’s real world safety in scary highway rollover accident. As far as front bumper. It’s the Warn elite series buddy. Good luck and stay safe! Pinch it in goggle. Got it a while ago I’m sorry I can’t remeber company I picked it up from. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So sorry man, glad you’re ok. Thanks for info.
It’s all good buddy. No worries now. I’m alive and kicking. Now it’s your time and your Jeep. Keep it coming buddy upgrading is so much fun and makes your Jeep beautiful :)

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Poseidon I am sorry to hear about your wreck! The grill I bought is the Mopar Satin black one. I bought the trim pieces shown in the attachment. They are not painted satin black like the grill is. Is that how yours was?

jeep grill.JPG

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Poseidon I am sorry to hear about your wreck! The grill I bought is the Mopar Satin black one. I bought the trim pieces shown in the attachment. They are not painted satin black like the grill is. Is that how yours was?

jeep grill.JPG
Mine was complete. No separate pieces

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess it could be installed without the trim.

mxincanada

First Name
Ugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepssss & LR
@Harleydz

As mentioned so you can go back to stock easily...

Another reason is if you buy a black grill, install it on your JL and you get chips on it (and you will) the spots that are chipped will reveal black ... you will have black chip holes lets say.. They will not be that apparent at all.

IF you paint a White Grill or a Sting Grill grill, and you get a chip you will be seeing White chip freckles or Sting Gray chip freckles, that in short order, will be very unsightly..

Also, the Mopar Grill Assembly and the Mopar Satin Black Grill are not just painted like your local body shop paints a car or a grill, etc.. The Mopar grill offerings (2) will be far less prone to chipping.... less chance of unsightly chips.

And... you paint or fool with the Grill that came with your JL and the finish warranty on that grill is history..

how about a 3M film ?
Sponsored