New JLU under $30k?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I am located in Southern Oregon and looking to find a black JLU with the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder and power windows and a hard top. (I found one on CarGurus a while back, I think it was in VA though)

I currently have two older Jeeps and want to upgrade my 07 daily driver with something more dependable. I found the Sport S model has the power window option.

Has anyone been able to purchase a 2020 for less than $30k?
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
a 2020 jlu for $30k is a pretty damn good deal if it was a base model sport with no options, manual trans, and a soft top. i think the model you are looking at is a sport s. the closest dealer pricing to $30k would be criswell in maryland.

i picked up a 2019 2 door sport 3.6 with 4 option which are 8 spd auto, xm, ac, and hard top. msrp $34,325 and got it for around $31k not at criswell.

in my honest opinion, i'd be leary on that type of deal.

BrassMan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Seems very unlikely for a 2020. It would have to be some crazy situation or a leftover 2019 or 2018 or a used one. I'd look for ones that have been on the lot for a long period of time.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The one I found had the I4 turbo, which only comes with the auto trans. I think it had the hard top and power windows, which I believe is one of the only differences between the sport and sport s.

it could have been in Maryland.

I was just curious if anyone on here was able to get one similar for 30 or less. If I remember correctly, it was $29,500.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

every so often you'll catch a dealer with one of those ridiculously unreal deals for one jeep for a really good price. Its the bait to get you to come to the dealer and test driver a different car/truck/suv or Jeep. but they do end up selling the one at that price. ive gotten lucky with my work Silverado's. ive gotten two at the 29K mark with the options we needed for a nice work truck with power windows locks and nice interior. but thats just checking daily at the dealers websites for the "Managers Special" some times it works out others it does not. Just keep looking and at somepoint you'll find it and you might get that deal. I got my JLU sport with the hard top, tinted windows, power windows and the 7" screen for 31k last year. you might even catch a last year model deal too

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I've been watching prices for the past few months. A few dealers have dropped prices but most in my area have not. There are a few rare base model JLU right at $30k with V6 automatic. I've seen a couple with manual for a little less. The I4 engine adds to the sticker price so probably won't find those under $30k. Right now in my area the absolute base JLU V6 Auto is $34k. I don't know what is going on with the pricing but I want one for $30k and I'm not particular.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I am located in Southern Oregon and looking to find a black JLU with the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder and power windows and a hard top. (I found one on CarGurus a while back, I think it was in VA though)

I currently have two older Jeeps and want to upgrade my 07 daily driver with something more dependable. I found the Sport S model has the power window option.

Has anyone been able to purchase a 2020 for less than $30k?
I just bought from Scott at Robinson Jeep in Salem, OR last week. He was very easy to work with and got me a great deal on a Yellow Rubicon Unlimited just last week. Was also able to qualify for the 0%/36month, but seeing jeep is offering 84 month at 0 interest on the sports, that's something to consider too.

I would give him a call if you see anything on their lot that intrigues you. I finalized my deal totally over the phone and email. There weren't any up-sales or surprises when I went to pick it up and sign the final papers.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. I made a sub $30K offer on a new 2019 Sport S a few weeks before the quarantine. Figured they'd want to be rid of a manual 6-speed that had been on the lot for "too long".

I was pretty much told to get the hell out. They sold it a few days later.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I was pretty much told to get the hell out. They sold it a few days later.
Yep, sounds about right.

Others have had similar experiences. Except the dealers have told them to fuck off.

A rude awakening but they learn that they aren’t any more special than the rest of us and if they want to play, they have to pay.

And they get to pay what we paid for our rigs if they want to purchase new.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
There’s a few different dealerships advertising on Autotrader in Southern California below 30,000 but when you go there they’ll probably already have sold it?!?!

096EAEB6-CFA9-46D0-95A6-B111726B2DAB.png

C2EB9226-0AB0-41BF-B509-EFA731DA9E03.png

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I'm seeing some new JLUs in the Chicagoland area advertised for around 30k or under. The example below has a hardtop. The available savings shown include employee pricing for all and cashback on certain Wranglers. Those are not the sort of "$500 off for buyers having one blue and one green eye" deals for which few people quality.

True when you show up, sometimes the deal isn't what it seems. But many dealers will start with a higher price, and then go down to what they advertised or lower. I see some soft top models advertised under 30k along with those having manual transmissions.

A neighbor of mine was just taking the lift and 35"s off his JKU, so he can sell the JKU and because he thinks there are great deals now (he's looking at a new Ford Explorer). I haven't had time to price much, but seems like there should be savings if dealers want to move product and demand isn't there due to the virus situation.

upload_2020-4-23_12-3-26.png