Sponsored

New Jeep Owner!!

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Just made a deal on a new JL Rubicon, Brillant Silver, black hard top 8 Spd auto, and black leather all options (nav, cold weather package, led lights, keyless remote start, steel bumper, head liner, blind spot, etc.) but no towing package (thought that was odd). Got almost $8k off sticker so I'm satisfied with that.

Two questions:

, 1) does jeep sell a tow hitch for the JL?

(the extent of my towing would be maybe pulling a small trailer with my motorcycle on it but I would want the electric connection for the trailer brake lights.)

2) The window sticker reads black 3 piece freedom hard top, and below that it reads delete soft top, but
there is a huge box in back of the vehicle that I am sure is a soft top, is this a mix-up by jeep and I am getting that for free? Unless I hook up a winch lift in the garage, I will probably never remove the hard top, if so would you keep it or sell it?
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Question number 1 read HERE

Question number 2 suggests that this order was a hard top only. If your sticker does not read dual top with a price over 2K for the option then yea you got a deal. Those soft tops will sell for 2K plus and there are none to be found. Many people looking for them. If you would never use the soft top I would sell it for sure.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
thanks for the info on the tow hitch, window sticker reads $1095 for hard top so guess I got a freebie on the soft top, picking of the vehicle tomorrow BIG SMILES:)

Snoballz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Question 1 - yes they do. It comes with a 2” receiver with both types of wiring options for trailer connections. Mine was installed at Jeep.

Question 2 - that big bag is the plush bag for your freedom tops off the front section of your hard top so they don’t get scratched if you keep them in back while out driving.
I got my bag when I purchased my Jeep also thinking it was a soft top. Disappointed for sure. Lol

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Question 1 - yes they do. It comes with a 2” receiver with both types of wiring options for trailer connections. Mine was installed at Jeep.

Question 2 - that big bag is the plush bag for your freedom tops off the front section of your hard top so they don’t get scratched if you keep them in back while out driving.
I got my bag when I purchased my Jeep also thinking it was a soft top. Disappointed for sure. Lol
You answered a 3 year old thread. The OP is still active though so you never know. ;)

Snoballz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t notice till I had hit post. Guess you could call me a work in progress. I’ll get this forum thing figured out. Thanks mate! 👍🏻
Sponsored