5c0073r

5c0073r

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Great! My wife said the same thing about 6 weeks ago when I told her 3 years without a convertible was too long. I also bought an Ocean Blue. Not a Rubi and I got the soft top. Enjoy!!
I had initially picked out a Sahara then he tells me “I have a rubicon in the same color”
You can see how that ended lol
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I'm not crazy about color match parts on a Jeep. The black kinda adds to the rugged nature. Don't like my color match top, but that's the only way the one touch top comes.

20190519_104153.jpg
The guy just dropped over $40k on a vehicle, and your first instinct is to start pointing out faults you find in his Jeep? Do you do things like this in real life also, or just on the Internet? Like at wedding receptions do you also go up to the groom and say “congratulations, but don’t you wish your wife would get her crooked teeth fixed and drop 15 pounds?”

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
The guy just dropped over $40k on a vehicle, and your first instinct is to start pointing out faults you find in his Jeep? Do you do things like this in real life also, or just on the Internet? Like at wedding receptions do you also go up to the groom and say “congratulations, but don’t you wish your wife would get her crooked teeth fixed and drop 15 pounds?”
If you had taken the time to actually read my post you'd see I as responding to another post debating getting black instead of color match, not the OP with the beautiful blue Jeep.
Reading comprehension is obviously secondary to YOUR need to be an antagonistic jerk. Have a great day.

Oh, and I see the OP doesn't have color match top or fenders anyway so what was your point? Have a Snickers, you're not you when your hungry.

Last edited:

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Good evening all,
I have wanted a Jeep for 20 some years now. I think my wife got tired of hearing me talk about it and finally told me “Just go get one” and so I did!
LOL - I streamed so many off-road videos videos from my iPad to the TV... subliminally convincingly her over time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5c0073r

5c0073r

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
LOL - I streamed so many off-road videos videos from my iPad to the TV... subliminally convincingly her over time.
it all started with a book a relative bought our daughter when she was born "Sheep in a jeep". In the book, there is a line "Beep Beep, sheep in a jeep" About every time we were on the road an a jeep drove by I would repeat the line. Our daughter is 15 now, so I am pretty sure that after 15 years of "BEEP BEEP SHEEP IN A JEEP" she is sick of hearing it. I think I simply wore her down LOL.. just goes to show persistence pays...even if it takes 15 years

OR.... she wanted a jeep all along and let me think I finally won a battle.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I

Love the Ocean Blue! Thinking about the same exterior color with a black hardtop. Still debating about having the fenders painted though. Any regrets with the black fenders?
Here's how it looks with the painted fenders:

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it all started with a book a relative bought our daughter when she was born "Sheep in a jeep". In the book, there is a line "Beep Beep, sheep in a jeep" About every time we were on the road an a jeep drove by I would repeat the line. Our daughter is 15 now, so I am pretty sure that after 15 years of "BEEP BEEP SHEEP IN A JEEP" she is sick of hearing it. I think I simply wore her down LOL.. just goes to show persistence pays...even if it takes 15 years

OR.... she wanted a jeep all along and let me think I finally won a battle.
I think your plate should be BEEPBEEP and you need to get this for the interior:

SmartSelect_20190526-114845_Chrome.jpg

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations Scott, it's a beauty. Enjoy.

I was in the same boat as you. Talked about a Jeep for seems like 100 years. I told the bride "we ain't gettin' any younger". what do you think? Damned if she wasn't as excited as I was to finally get that Jeep. Two weeks in, and we're both lovin' it.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Here's how it looks with the painted fenders:
Thanks for sharing. Painted fenders vs non painted fenders. Tough decision. I know on my other 2 Wranglers, 2002 and 2012, the black plastic fenders started looking weathered within a few months in the Texas sun. You would have to put some type of plastic conditioner on them, like Armor All, to keep them looking black.

Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing. Painted fenders vs non painted fenders. Tough decision. I know on my other 2 Wranglers, 2002 and 2012, the black plastic fenders started looking weathered within a few months in the Texas sun. You would have to put some type of plastic conditioner on them, like Armor All, to keep them looking black.
My 2005 Liberty has the non painted fenders (factory), they still look ok, but certainly not like 10+ years ago. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages, but it's a little thing. The painted fenders only give my Rubi a 5 HP boost, you almost can't even notice it. :LOL:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
If you had taken the time to actually read my post you'd see I as responding to another post debating getting black instead of color match, not the OP with the beautiful blue Jeep.
Reading comprehension is obviously secondary to YOUR need to be an antagonistic jerk. Have a great day.

Oh, and I see the OP doesn't have color match top or fenders anyway so what was your point? Have a Snickers, you're not you when your hungry.
And it’s Punkindave for the counterpunch knockout win!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
The painted fenders only give my Rubi a 5 HP boost, you almost can't even notice it. :LOL:
Only 5 HP??? Come on. I had read it was between 10-15 HP boost due to less aerodynamic drag. Ok. You HAVE to change waxes. Maybe you need to switch to some super duper polymer sealant!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I just picked up the aero 303 spray way for plastics. Looks really good and provides UV protection to keep it looking black. Also read about using turtle wax ice spray wax after each wash to help with the fender fading