Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
To me color LED headlamps go hand in hand with Tazer lightshows and Darkmode, sorry guys I’m not 16 just want decent LED headlamps and if I had maybe waited on more dealer stock or possibly even ordered my JL I would have gotten the LED package but it is what it is so I will be patient and wait and I’m sure someone will release a good aftermarket option
Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
To me color LED headlamps go hand in hand with Tazer lightshows and Darkmode, sorry guys I’m not 16 just want decent LED headlamps and if I had maybe waited on more dealer stock or possibly even ordered my JL I would have gotten the LED package but it is what it is so I will be patient and wait and I’m sure someone will release a good aftermarket option
Rainbow colors are my thing either. These also may have an option of color change or the regular standard headlight white. From a quality standpoint they look promising and they are 9” housings that have no extra bracket to fit. We shall see!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Rainbow colors are my thing either. These also may have an option of color change or the regular standard headlight white. From a quality standpoint they look promising and they are 9” housings that have no extra bracket to fit. We shall see!
If these have a halo option are they going to be plug and play as the factory halos utilize a 4th wire that is not there for those of us that run halogens and I don’t want to splice into side marker wires so I’m hopeing this is addressed in these lights

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I'm going to order some quake tempest series color halo lights this week. I'm not into rainbows but blue Halo's look really nice to me.
As for laws well I live in florida. Cops don't seem to care much down here unless your committing real crimes.
My sport didn't even come with LED lights to start with so the Quake lights will definitely be an improvement.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If these have a halo option are they going to be plug and play as the factory halos utilize a 4th wire that is not there for those of us that run halogens and I don’t want to splice into side marker wires so I’m hopeing this is addressed in these lights
Let me check on that for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These halos are installed on the lights but would wire how I did it in this video or with a switch:

Diesel550

First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Right on!!
I want a 9" LED with the appropriate reflector. No need for a Halo.

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I just installed these, and while I don’t think it’s quite there, this is a big step closer to matching up with factory LED’s. I really like the look and they are bright!

Im a newer jeep owner, i got the Sport S and want to upgrade to LED's. I bought new headlights that have halo's for DRL's and the halo turns amber and will flash with the turn signal. So, i know when i plug these in i need to run the halo to a power source so they are on at all times when the jeep is running (since my jeep doesnt have standard DRL's), but what about using the halo as a turn signal? Do i need to run the halo to the turn signals as well???? Seem's like a lot of wiring. I get the headlights tomorrow so any advice on install would greatly be appreciated!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Im a newer jeep owner, i got the Sport S and want to upgrade to LED's. I bought new headlights that have halo's for DRL's and the halo turns amber and will flash with the turn signal. So, i know when i plug these in i need to run the halo to a power source so they are on at all times when the jeep is running (since my jeep doesnt have standard DRL's), but what about using the halo as a turn signal? Do i need to run the halo to the turn signals as well???? Seem's like a lot of wiring. I get the headlights tomorrow so any advice on install would greatly be appreciated!
I would hate to advise you incorrectly, and without knowing the brand or setup, I am shooting in the dark a bit. I think you will have to run the halo to the turn signal as well. Are they surface mounted halos? Does the company you bought them rom advise anything?

Sponsored

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I would hate to advise you incorrectly, and without knowing the brand or setup, I am shooting in the dark a bit. I think you will have to run the halo to the turn signal as well. Are they surface mounted halos? Does the company you bought them rom advise anything?
The directions were garbage. The halo's are built into the headlight, i put the headlights in and plugged them in, there are two short wires on the back of the headlight (im guessing one for halo and one for the turn signal), but they gave no wire to run it. So now i need to buy those. BUT, i do have another question. I plugged the headlights in, they work fine except i have the lights set on "auto" and the headlights are always on when the car is running. Not just the halo, its like the whole headlight is a DRL, which cannot be right. Any suggestions there? I drove in perfect daylight and the headlights were staying on.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The little white wire will run to a 12v source (like the #57 fuse), the other wire (mine was yellow) will run to the white w/ green stripe wire on your fender signal, this will change the DRL to amber while signaling. As far as the lights being on all the time, that's a new one, did you run all your adapters, including the anti-flicker box? Or is it possible that something is blocking the light sensor for your auto lights?

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
The little white wire will run to a 12v source (like the #57 fuse), the other wire (mine was yellow) will run to the white w/ green stripe wire on your fender signal, this will change the DRL to amber while signaling. As far as the lights being on all the time, that's a new one, did you run all your adapters, including the anti-flicker box? Or is it possible that something is blocking the light sensor for your auto lights?
Thanks so much for the insight about the turn signal! And no clue what the issue could be, its literally plug and play, not sure how anything could be screwed up!!!! Just odd. I guess it doesnt hurt to have the lights on at all times but id just not prefer it.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The directions were garbage. The halo's are built into the headlight, i put the headlights in and plugged them in, there are two short wires on the back of the headlight (im guessing one for halo and one for the turn signal), but they gave no wire to run it. So now i need to buy those. BUT, i do have another question. I plugged the headlights in, they work fine except i have the lights set on "auto" and the headlights are always on when the car is running. Not just the halo, its like the whole headlight is a DRL, which cannot be right. Any suggestions there? I drove in perfect daylight and the headlights were staying on.
That’s too bad there, but looks like you have some advice there above!
Sponsored