First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I have Aux 3 and 4 set to be on with battery but they only work with the ignition on. They were working on battery last week. Any ideas what happened? The only thing I did was fill the gas tank and wash the outside.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
If you have verified it is still set correctly and it does still work with the ignition on, I'd suspect your battery is about to go. Does your ESS still work?

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
ESS is fine, I'm running a Genesis and both batteries are at 12.8.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have Aux 3 and 4 set to be on with battery but they only work with the ignition on. They were working on battery last week. Any ideas what happened? The only thing I did was fill the gas tank and wash the outside.
Try resetting back to battery? Sometimes stuff gets reset. Mine dumped tire size settings past week.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you re-verify that they are set to battery? Maybe they defaulted back to ignition or something... The JL is very odd to me when it comes to the things the computer does.

On a side note, I am jealous of your battery voltage. I also have the genesis system and the G-Screen and my Main battery is typically 12.2 volts. The dealership says that this is normal for the JL?

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I checked the U-Connect setting and it is set to battery. Voltage check was done at the battery with a multi-meter I didn't think to use the one on the display. Today Aux4 wouldn't stay on regardless of the vehicle status. Aux 1&2 work with ignition just like they are set. Aux3 turns off when the engine is shut off although it is set to battery. Aux 4 lights up only when pressed with engine running although it is set to battery and latching.
Sponsored