millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As a vet, not a fan of either design. It either looks like you are running over the flag or it’s been trampled in the mud. 2nd better than the first but still don’t think it’s getting your point across. Keep trying.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Was there a point? I thought he was doing it for himself only.
I “want to tie Jeeps to America”. That’s the “concept”

and, yes, this sticker would only be for me. Others will see it on my Jeep and I don’t want to offend anyone (especially a man or woman who has served) — that’s not my intent. When I was done with the tire tread design, while I personally had no issue with it, I had a nagging feeling that it might convey a meaning that I didn’t want to convey...... seems like it does.....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps instead of a shield, you can use an outline of the continental United States, and instead of “jeep” and tire treads, use topographic lines in faint gray, just like you have the tire tread now, with the stars and stripes colors covering the entire map.

The topo lines would be metaphor tying Jeep/off-roading with America.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Perhaps instead of a shield, you can use an outline of the continental United States, and instead of “jeep” and tire treads, use topographic lines in faint gray, just like you have the tire tread now, with the stars and stripes colors covering the entire map.

The topo lines would be metaphor tying Jeep/off-roading with America.
Or perhaps the the outline of the states with a little Jeep in red/white/blue?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Thanks for all the input here folks!

I’m gonna keep working on it.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A map of the country with your favorite trails marked. You can have the map be the american flag.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
The US Flag Code says that the American flag should not be used for any advertising purposes, modified into apparel, or a long list of other uses that are ignored. However I can't go to Walmart without seeing someone wearing a stars-and-stripes tshirt or shorts, which is way more of a blatant disrespect of the flag than what you designed. So in a strictly technical sense is your design against how the flag should be displayed? Yes. But frankly it doesn't even make the Top 10 Most Offensive Uses list of the ways I've seen the flag bastardized today. So go ahead with your decal if you like.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
thank you for the legal advice (which I didn’t ask for). Where did I say I was going to sell this sticker?

now, do you care to actually help me by answering my question or are you through?
Asking for feedback on the internet and then shitting on those who provide it is not going to go well for you.

The legal advice you got from @Mikeoso is quite valid and it's worth knowing even if you don't plan on selling you stickers.

And the advice about the flag you got from @Columbus104 is also worth paying attention to.

PS: There are a ton of JEEP and off roading stickers available everywhere. Making stickers is easy. Coming up with a good design that people will actually put on their vehicles is not. If you don't have a unique, really good design and you're asking for design input then what's the point?

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
thank you for the legal advice (which I didn’t ask for). Where did I say I was going to sell this sticker?

now, do you care to actually help me by answering my question or are you through?
not that it matters, but when I read your original post, the first paragraph seems to imply you planned on creating and selling your design. Perhaps I'm reading something into it that was not explicitly stated on your plans for this design.

to answer your question; as a vet I didn't like your design. as others have stated it looked like you were driving over the flag. I'm not a fan of the shape of the shield either but that's just my own preference.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought. The body of the shield made to look like a patch of gravel trail, and the tread pattern colored with the stars and stripes. Leave in the black to give contrast between the tread blocks. It would, in my opinion, look as though the American icon was painting the free land with patriotism.
I like this idea... Or just black and white background with the tread in color - but make sure it covers the Red, White, and Blue. As a veteran and stout patriot, I don't like the black tread over the red white and blue. Just my opinion.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Embrace the Legacy.......I vote yes for that one.

Yes, I am a true patriot.....proud to display our flag
Jeep Wrangler JL Need some help.... American Flag Decal DAEEA54B-3261-4629-90C9-CD2BC20002D1

JourneyGirl

First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon X - White
Occupation
Marketing/Business Consultant, Graphic Design Artist
Hmmmmm. Let me noodle on that. Might be beyond my meager design skills but I like the concept!

to be clear, do you think that the current design conveys a “trample” (no hard feelings here..... people’s opinions are why I’m asking)
I can’t seem to find your original image, but as a marketing professional and graphic designer by trade, proud American, and the wife of a retired veteran… I absolutely never do anything questionable to our flag…

If you wouldn’t lay it on the ground and drive over it to leave tire tracks on it in the real world, I surely wouldn’t do it as a graphical representation either.

And yes - put me in the “looks trampled/disrespectful’ category…

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation