Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Folks:

I have modest photography/graphic design skills. I decided to combine my photography and graphic arts “knowledge“ to make a sticker/decal for the Jeep for places I go. I set up a shop on Redbubble and I’m my own best customer (it’s a “get rich quick” scheme.... I buy a sticker and I make a $0.30 ”profit”.... all I have to do it keep buying.... think of the money I’ll “make”!).

you can view the shop here and buy something for yourself to fund my retirement ($0.30 at a time!!!!!)
https://www.redbubble.com/people/da...Name=Davephotoswest&asc=u&iaCode=all-stickers
heck, you can even buy a T-shirt or apron or something. Daddyneeds a new pair of shoes! LOL.......

But, that brings me to a new generic design I just finished. I want to hear from folks about this design, especially folks like veterans...... does this design with a tire tread across a symbolic American flag feel “wrong/offensive” to you? I want to tie “Jeeps” to America and I had the thought of adding a tire tread across the bars. But is the tire “trampling” the flag?

please let me know your thoughts (veteran or not). I don’t care if you “like it” or not. I only care if you think that it represents “trampling on” the flag as that is NOT something I wish to convey.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Folks:

I have modest photography/graphic design skills. I decided to combine my photography and graphic arts “knowledge“ to make a sticker/decal for the Jeep for places I go. I set up a shop on Redbubble and I’m my own best customer (it’s a “get rich quick” scheme.... I buy a sticker and I make a $0.30 ”profit”.... all I have to do it keep buying.... think of the money I’ll “make”!).

you can view the shop here and buy something for yourself to fund my retirement ($0.30 at a time!!!!!)
https://www.redbubble.com/people/da...Name=Davephotoswest&asc=u&iaCode=all-stickers
heck, you can even buy a T-shirt or apron or something. Daddyneeds a new pair of shoes! LOL.......

But, that brings me to a new generic design I just finished. I want to hear from folks about this design, especially folks like veterans...... does this design with a tire tread across a symbolic American flag feel “wrong/offensive” to you? I want to tie “Jeeps” to America and I had the thought of adding a tire tread across the bars. But is the tire “trampling” the flag?

please let me know your thoughts (veteran or not). I don’t care if you “like it” or not. I only care if you think that it represents “trampling on” the flag as that is NOT something I wish to convey.

View attachment 389182
Just a thought. The body of the shield made to look like a patch of gravel trail, and the tread pattern colored with the stars and stripes. Leave in the black to give contrast between the tread blocks. It would, in my opinion, look as though the American icon was painting the free land with patriotism.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just a thought. The body of the shield made to look like a patch of gravel trail, and the tread pattern colored with the stars and stripes. Leave in the black to give contrast between the tread blocks. It would, in my opinion, look as though the American icon was painting the free land with patriotism.
Hmmmmm. Let me noodle on that. Might be beyond my meager design skills but I like the concept!

to be clear, do you think that the current design conveys a “trample” (no hard feelings here..... people’s opinions are why I’m asking)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmmm. Let me noodle on that. Might be beyond my meager design skills but I like the concept!

to be clear, do you think that the current design conveys a “trample” (no hard feelings here..... people’s opinions are why I’m asking)
Oh yeah, forgot to answer that. Was sidetracked by squeezing the creative juices.

Yeah, it does come across as trampling. Even if the treads were not red, white, and blue, it would still not look right. Like mudding up the flag.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another thought. The same shield, but the 2 center white stripes overlayed with the treads without spilling onto the red. And the Jeep in the same font as the fender emblem.

Similar concept to what the PD and FD do, which has never offended anyone.

Edit: or on the 2nd and 3rd white stripes, if you like a little offset.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I do think your design is creative and understand your thought process, but as a Vet, I wouldn't use it on my vehicle personally just to not spark controversy.

I get enough people trying to tell me the flag decals on my Jeep are facing the wrong way...

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I get enough people trying to tell me the flag decals on my Jeep are facing the wrong way...
Hey buddy your flags facing the wrong way! :CWL: Just incase you haven't heard it today.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Hey buddy your flags facing the wrong way! :CWL: Just incase you haven't heard it today.
Yeah really. As if people think I would put flags on my vehicle without knowing the correct way of doing it. I constantly have to remind people that when on a moving object the union is always in front!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Aside from the flag issue...selling anything that says "Jeep" without license from FCA is likely to draw a cease and desist letter from their law-dogs if/when they notice. Put simply..FCA owns that name and you cant make money off it without their permission.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Aside from the flag issue...selling anything that says "Jeep" without license from FCA is likely to draw a cease and desist letter from their law-dogs if/when they notice. Put simply..FCA owns that name and you cant make money off it without their permission.
thank you for the legal advice (which I didn’t ask for). Where did I say I was going to sell this sticker?

now, do you care to actually help me by answering my question or are you through?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I want to hear from folks about this design, especially folks like veterans...... does this design with a tire tread across a symbolic American flag feel “wrong/offensive” to you?
Yes sir. I love the idea and see where you’re going. How about using what’s below as inspiration and then seeing if you can put your own spin on things?
Jeep Wrangler JL Need some help.... American Flag Decal 1604806871001

Jeep Wrangler JL Need some help.... American Flag Decal EB7DE82D-E016-4D86-B369-9391AE447915

Jeep Wrangler JL Need some help.... American Flag Decal 1604807151067

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Yes sir. I love the idea and see where you’re going. How about using what’s below as inspiration and then seeing if you can put your own spin on things?
1604806871001.jpeg

EB7DE82D-E016-4D86-B369-9391AE447915.jpeg

1604807151067.jpeg
I’ve been playing around with a texture rather than a tire tread...... I don’t like the texture (yet) but I might be going in this direction.......

Last edited: