Need help unplugging OBD plugs for JSCAN

JayDudya

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911, 2022 JLUR
Any advice on how to unplug the two connectors so I can plug them into the bypass cable? It's a tight fit and I'm able to reach both plugs and the locking tab but I'm unable to pull the connectors out. Wiggling doesn't seem to help and I'm afraid to pull too hard on the cable - I don't want to pull any wires out of the connector. I have a new 2022 Rubicon, so I'm not sure if Jeep did something to make it more difficult to tamper with the OBD and programming.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JayDudya

Push the connector firmly in.... then, while pushing in firmly, press the release and as you release, pull down as you wiggle cable..

IF, you can't get it have a teen or your Wife/Girlfriend try to do. Small hands find it an easier deed to do.

No, manufacturer did nothing to make it harder to do.... Those connectors will come loose easily one time and the next time fight you. I find, walking away and coming back in a few minutes to try again is a wise move... and I then get them free..

OP
OP
JayDudya

JayDudya

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911, 2022 JLUR
@JayDudya

Push the connector firmly in.... then, while pushing in firmly, press the release and as you release, pull down as you wiggle cable..

IF, you can't get it have a teen or your Wife/Girlfriend try to do. Small hands find it an easier deed to do.

No, manufacturer did nothing to make it harder to do.... Those connectors will come loose easily one time and the next time fight you. I find, walking away and coming back in a few minutes to try again is a wise move... and I then get them free..

Thanks for the advice. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens!
Sponsored