Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I currently have a Tazer JL installed. I was wanting to try out Jscan. Does the full functionality require that I remove my Tazer JL to install a SGW bypass cable in its place, or can I leave my Tazer JL in place while I use Jscan and have it act as a SGW bypass?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JMC

First properly unmarry the Tazert JL Mini.

After that plug your Bluetooth Scanner into the OBDll port and have at it with JScan.

YES, the the security gateway bypass module part of the Tazer JL Min or Lite, will do the deed in regard to the needed SGW bypass.

IF, you ever decide to sell your Tazer JL Mini, just buy / use, one of these very inexpensive security gateway bypass modules that in fact works well with the JL/JT.

https://ecri.app/products/ecri-secu...OgRhPDv9fRE2FfWLyBfbmjcqYb0uIWDikTq11iP0NLJZY

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmccorm

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Thanks!

PS: This also answers a hidden question which I was curious about. "Does the Tazer JL Mini still perform the role of a secure gateway, or does it leave me vulnerable?" I have some friends at a nearby university who might be interested in taking a second look at FCA vehicles...

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When ever you install something like a Tazer or ECRI or similar SGW bypass you are totally bypassing the locked gateway, I’m not to worried as I have either had a 12+8 bypass cable or ECRI module installed for a long time and have had no issues.

Im not sure JSCAN would have conflict with the Tazer or not but if I were testing I would remove the Tazer

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
@JMC
First properly unmarry the Tazert JL Mini.

After that plug your Bluetooth Scanner into the OBDll port and have at it with JScan.
Im not sure JSCAN would have conflict with the Tazer or not but if I were testing I would remove the Tazer
I have a Tazer Mini and am looking to play around w/ JSCAN mainly to modify the auto headlight thresholds. Thinking about things logically if you kept the Tazer married I'd guess that as long as you aren't messing around with any JSCAN settings the Tazer deals with you would be fine, however if you ever unmarry the Tazer it would likely erase any settings you made with JSCAN since it'd restore the backup it made when it initially married. So my current plan is to unmarry the Tazer, set whatever I need in JSCAN, re-marry and reapply my Tazer settings since I still want to leave the Tazer plugged up for it's live features. Anyone see any issues with this plan?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have a Tazer Mini and am looking to play around w/ JSCAN mainly to modify the auto headlight thresholds. Thinking about things logically if you kept the Tazer married I'd guess that as long as you aren't messing around with any JSCAN settings the Tazer deals with you would be fine, however if you ever unmarry the Tazer it would likely erase any settings you made with JSCAN since it'd restore the backup it made when it initially married. So my current plan is to unmarry the Tazer, set whatever I need in JSCAN, re-marry and reapply my Tazer settings since I still want to leave the Tazer plugged up for it's live features. Anyone see any issues with this plan?
@PocketsEmptied

That is the way to do it!

Not sure if you know this but you can just unmarry the Tazer JL and leave it installed. Now, plug your OBDll Bluetooth Scanner into the OBDll port and then use your JSCAN to talk to/deal with the BT Scanner.

The Tazer JL's built in bypass module will allow you to do the deed with JSCAN. After using JSCAN, remarry the Tazer JL and check/redo the settings you normally do with your Tazer JL.

Sponsored