Need Backup camera bezel.

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone have a backup camera bezel they want to sell?
I can PayPal asap. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks. Hopefully it’s in stock. Quadratec and cjpony don’t have any in stock, dealership told me they have about 2000 units on back order nationwide.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I still haven't figure out what this is for. Is it to prevent someone from brute-forcing your wheel lock until they defeat the measly Torx T-40 twistlock first?? :giggle:

Or is it just Jeep trying to give us one more annoying thing to remove to put on the spare?

It doesn't seem like it protects the camera a whole lot.

BTW it does NOT fit over spline/gorilla full size lug nuts.. :crying: only the factory kind (the shorter ones).

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I can’t tell if mine is broken or if I have all the right parts? It kind of exploded when I removed it and can’t seem to get it on again without falling apart. Does this look right?

EFDAA982-2276-41DA-AD0E-26E2FFC3B626.jpeg

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t tell if mine is broken or if I have all the right parts? It kind of exploded when I removed it and can’t seem to get it on again without falling apart. Does this look right?
That looks blowed up but not broken. You should be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Slip that torx thingy back inside the cover or locking piece.

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
That looks blowed up but not broken. You should be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Slip that torx thingy back inside the cover or locking piece.
All the pieces go back together, but when it’s in the lock position that whole back piece just wants to fall off. I just don’t want to buy a replacement and find out it’s exactly the same.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
All the pieces go back together, but when it’s in the lock position that whole back piece just wants to fall off. I just don’t want to buy a replacement and find out it’s exactly the same.
A replacement would be one piece and should not fall apart unless it's defective or you break it. I've taken mine off many a time & it's never fallen apart. Maybe your dealer will replace... doesn't hurt to ask.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I still haven't figure out what this is for. Is it to prevent someone from brute-forcing your wheel lock until they defeat the measly Torx T-40 twistlock first?? :giggle:

Or is it just Jeep trying to give us one more annoying thing to remove to put on the spare?

It doesn't seem like it protects the camera a whole lot.

BTW it does NOT fit over spline/gorilla full size lug nuts.. :crying: only the factory kind (the shorter ones).
I trimmed the back of mine with a dremel to fit with the spline lug nuts.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
There's another way; especially likely if your running factory size tires...

a JL specific spare tire cover. Mine has the part that goes around the reverse camera built into it.
Sponsored