Need Alignment Advice! Please

n2jeep

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I had installed a mopar 2" lift kit. Jeep drove pretty good but steering was little sensitive/squirrely. I decided to install geometry correction brackets and Steer Smarts XD Track bar to center front axle.

The 1st image is the alignment after installing mopar lift kit only.

The 2nd image is the alignment after geometry correction brackets and Steer Smarts XD Track bar.

Jeep drives better than before, besides a slight pull to the right to do the camber , it pulled to right also before.

How was camber changed when there is no adjustment. I didn't think caster would change camber??

IMG_2724.jpg
IMG_2781.jpg
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I didnā€™t even know you could adjust camber on a solid axle.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thereā€™s something going on with your alignment. I suggest taking it back or somewhere else to be checked. Unless your front axle took a big hit and is bent, thereā€™s not many ways I can think to make such a drastic difference in your camber. Caster looks much better too. Either somethingā€™s up with your Jeep or their machine/operator was having an off day. Get a second look and adjust as needed.

Brett

OP
OP
n2jeep

n2jeep

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Thereā€™s something going on with your alignment. I suggest taking it back or somewhere else to be checked. Unless your front axle took a big hit and is bent, thereā€™s not many ways I can think to make such a drastic difference in your camber. Caster looks much better too. Either somethingā€™s up with your Jeep or their machine/operator was having an off day. Get a second look and adjust as needed.

Brett
I only have 1200 miles on Jeep, all Road/HWY driving, no off road. Its strange because it's still the same far as difference in camber from drivers to passenger side as it was in 1st alignment. Ā½ degree difference.

I ordered these to correct it https://www.spcalignment.com/compon...angler&year=2019 - 2019&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I only have 1200 miles on Jeep, all Road/HWY driving, no off road. Its strange because it's still the same far as difference in camber from drivers to passenger side as it was in 1st alignment. Ā½ degree difference.

I ordered these to correct it https://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=23400&region=USA&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler&year=2019 - 2019&from=USAFrom&to=USATo
I'd get a second opinion from another shop as a check before installing those. I've been to shops where their machine was out of calibration so when it was "in spec" on their machine, the car pulled hard to one side. Took it to another shop and it was out of spec on their machine because theirs was actually calibrated.

OP
OP
n2jeep

n2jeep

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I'd get a second opinion from another shop as a check before installing those. I've been to shops where their machine was out of calibration so when it was "in spec" on their machine, the car pulled hard to one side. Took it to another shop and it was out of spec on their machine because theirs was actually calibrated.
Yeah, I mean the alignment reading makes sense, because I have a pull to the right which the camber readings I have would cause the pull. The the caster moved positive almost 2 degrees, plus with the new adj trackbar centering the axle maybe the weight of the jeep shifted over the axle slightly different to affect the camber I don't know ???

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Theres no alignment from the facrotr on a wrangler guys sorry to burst your bubble. There toe and caster by way of adjustable control arms thats it. Yr caster is good at 6+ it will track nice and since you have a fad no drive line problems. Yr track bar needs to be adjusted yr front axle to the right too much thats why your toe and thrust are off ...

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yeah, I mean the alignment reading makes sense, because I have a pull to the right which the camber readings I have would cause the pull. The the caster moved positive almost 2 degrees, plus with the new adj trackbar centering the axle maybe the weight of the jeep shifted over the axle slightly different to affect the camber I don't know ???
No, with new camber readings- you should have no pull to the right.
Usually you need more negative camber on the right side to counteract cars natural tendency to pull to the right due to road (road slopes to the right).

You need camber bolts to adjust camber.
Your current camber is perfectly fine. -0.5 to -1 camber is ideal for road use, and irrelevant for offroad. I would only be concerned with positive camber.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
No, with new camber readings- you should have no pull to the right.
Usually you need more negative camber on the right side to counteract cars natural tendency to pull to the right due to road (road slopes to the right).

You need camber bolts to adjust camber.
Your current camber is perfectly fine. -0.5 to -1 camber is ideal for road use, and irrelevant for offroad. I would only be concerned with positive camber.
You can not adjust camber in a welded solid front axle.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You can not adjust camber in a welded solid front axle.
You can, you just need to install off-set ball joints. To my knowledge, these are not available for the JL.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nor a good idea...
I wasn't saying it was a good idea or not. I was merely stating that it is possible, on some applications, to add these ball joints. I've never done it myself, never had a need to adjust camber.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I didnā€™t even know you could adjust camber on a solid axle.
I hear of hardcore racers that would bend a solid axle ever so slightly so to give them a slight camber advantage over others. I think they did it with a torch if i recall correctly

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
Yā€™all are debating on an alignment thread which is nearly a year old. Hopefully it is worked out by now...
Sponsored