Sponsored

MY22 Wrangler- Wobble

HighVelLemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
Bone stock 22JLU started displaying wobble at 3,500 miles. Jeepwave refused to acknowledge this as a known issue in initial conversations but after a number of conversations admitted that others are having the issue and Jeep is covering the issue.

Original front track bar bolts loosened due to the wobble and the dealership said ā€œ track bar being bad caused the steering dampener to be damagedā€ both were replaced under warranty (took 9 weeks to get into the dealership and 4 weeks to get parts).
Replacement OEM track bar and steering dampener have not corrected the issue.

Jeep owners beware, not my first Jeep and trust me when I say I have many Jeep enthusiasts around me who know the geometry, parts and how to troubleshoot. Jeep has a known issue and will not help to resolve!
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Jeep owners beware

Yeah. Thanks. But you're a little frikkin late to the party by like 17 years. I fixed death wobble on a TJ and wound up married. Where were you then? Huh?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Go buy a Ford.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Bone stock 22JLU started displaying wobble at 3,500 miles. Jeepwave refused to acknowledge this as a known issue in initial conversations but after a number of conversations admitted that others are having the issue and Jeep is covering the issue.

Original front track bar bolts loosened due to the wobble and the dealership said ā€œ track bar being bad caused the steering dampener to be damagedā€ both were replaced under warranty (took 9 weeks to get into the dealership and 4 weeks to get parts).
Replacement OEM track bar and steering dampener have not corrected the issue.

Jeep owners beware, not my first Jeep and trust me when I say I have many Jeep enthusiasts around me who know the geometry, parts and how to troubleshoot. Jeep has a known issue and will not help to resolve!
You do understand this phenomena is common amongst every live axle vehicle ever built, right? New, used, abused, or otherwise. Age doesn't matter. You're dealing with a mass produced machine. If you want it better than mass produced, upgrade all the mass produced parts like everyone else does. It's either that or wait for factory replacement parts. There is no time in history where high reliability and Jeep have gone together.

These other Jeep enthusiasts you know have obviously not prepared you properly.

Welcome to the forum.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
A lot of death wobble posts lately. Not that I donā€™t think it exists or that I donā€™t believe these people have an issue, it just seems like a targeted campaign.

The previous person who created two different threads never clarified what she was experiencing and just strung along quite a few members concerning her issue with the dealership.

I guess the timing of Ford canceling a ton of orders for the Bronco and suddenly having a flood of death wobble posts pop up on this forum seem more than a little coincidental.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
A lot of death wobble posts lately. Not that I donā€™t think it exists or that I donā€™t believe these people have an issue, it just seems like a targeted campaign.

The previous person who created two different threads never clarified what she was experiencing and just strung along quite a few members concerning her issue with the dealership.

I guess the timing of Ford canceling a ton of orders for the Bronco and suddenly having a flood of death wobble posts pop up on this forum seem more than a little coincidental.
Black Flag Operation.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

I'm not a conspiracy theorist kinda guy. I just remember that if you do get DW you're going to be very vocal and inquisitive about it., you will not quietly deal with it. You'll probably go down several frustrating dead ends trying to figure out the source of it. Finally, it may just be a case of losing tire balance weights on the trail and incorrectly calling it DW.

So to balance it out, I've driven a Jeep for about 15 years (YJ & JL) and never a single DW. Even after accidentally bending a leaf spring on the trail and having to drive home wonky. [knock on wood]

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL MY22 Wrangler- Wobble dd9

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
It canā€™t fix it, and if it is ā€œstockā€ as you say, time to find another/better dealer. You may find that the ball joints are loose/shot, alignment is ā€œoffā€, a wheel/tire balance issue or yet another issue that is causing your problem. With 3500 miles Iā€™d be looking at either (1) a quick repair or (2) Lemon law the rig. Lifeā€™s too short to get ulcers over machine problems. In February of ā€˜21 I bought a new ā€˜19 model motorhome on a Ford E450 chassis. It was very hard to get to track. Local truck shop took it in for service as I had a trip coming up. With less than 4K miles on the unit the front ball joints were Toast-to the point that it was unsafe to drivešŸ˜³. Ford (Furd/Turd) has only been building E 450ā€™s for commercial service for what, 30 years? I paid to have it fixed and then spent the next 7 months fighting with Furd to get reimbursed. Had I not made myself a royal PITA Iā€™d never have seen my money back. And THAT was. ā€œCommercialā€ vehicle. As they say S..t happens. Good luck getting your Jeep squared away.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HighVelLemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
I'm not a conspiracy theorist kinda guy. I just remember that if you do get DW you're going to be very vocal and inquisitive about it., you will not quietly deal with it. You'll probably go down several frustrating dead ends trying to figure out the source of it. Finally, it may just be a case of losing tire balance weights on the trail and incorrectly calling it DW.

So to balance it out, I've driven a Jeep for about 15 years (YJ & JL) and never a single DW. Even after accidentally bending a leaf spring on the trail and having to drive home wonky. [knock on wood]
I started this ā€œadventureā€ in October of experiencing a full DW going 76 mph on a Michigan highway, trying to pass a semi. Brand new Jeep with 3,500 miles that hadnā€™t seen anything but proper break-in. Iā€™m not complaining or spamming Jeep about other mass produce issues (I just had my vehicle returned after a leaking gaskets for the head gasket and the EGR cooler).
The post is intended for those new buyers/other drivers experiencing, Jeepwave did not come out and straight acknowledge the issue was happening. I have the access and possibility to troubleshoot on my own but not all buyers have that.

ne4now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD, Harley Custom Softail
our leased stock ā€˜21 JLU started having this issue over the weekend. Hit a bridge seam at 70ish on a narrowed bridge under construction and thought we were going to crash. Now it seems to happen almost every decent bump over 55. Waiting to hear back from dealershipā€¦
Sponsored