Oncorhynchus

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Can’t believe this is the first time someone actually tried to stuff a bottle jack in there. Guess the cubbyhole is bigger than it looks.
You’ll have to do a little bottle jack gymnastics to get it in there. You know how when you are moving a desk into a room but it is wider than the doorway you tilt the desk on its side to enter the room by wrapping the legs around the room entrance and then turn the desk back upright once it is all the way inside the room.

You’ll have to do that with the base of the jack which is wider that the width of the entrance to the cubby even though the cubby itself is bigger than the entrance to the cubby. Will make sense once you get the bottle jack in hand and try to get it into the cubby.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Unless you have this,. doubt it would fit in the storage bin though :(

1615943320269.png
Can’t you just bungee cord it right in place?? When it’s up, it could act as a rock slider.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR
I went with scissor jack because aside from unseen structural defect in given unit due to being cheaply produced in a low quality factory, there is less that could go wrong compared to the bottle jack. Bottle jacks are fairly simple devices that last long too but I didn’t want the hassle of oil leaks in a sideways resting bottle jack living through the heat and cold cycles of being left inside a vehicle all the time.
Picking a jack is kind of like picking your poison. Hi-lifts rust if left outside, and aren't all that safe to use, and are heavy. All the bottle jacks are made overseas, and there doesn't seem to be any really high quality brands. Scissor jacks are the same.

I'm trying to figure out what to do as I don't want a hi-lift anymore. I'm primarily looking at the Safe Jack kits and a bottle jack. I'm not sure the Omega that Safe Jack sells will fit in the cubby, but at least now I know the Torin will. Thank you.

Does your new scissor jack seem more heavily built than OEM? And doe the Torin 6 ton have enough lift to get an inflated 35" or 37" tire off the ground? (Can't quite tell your tire size.) Some of the 6 tons have less lift than others.

Sponsored

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picking a jack is kind of like picking your poison. Hi-lifts rust if left outside, and aren't all that safe to use, and are heavy. All the bottle jacks are made overseas, and there doesn't seem to be any really high quality brands. Scissor jacks are the same.

I'm trying to figure out what to do as I don't want a hi-lift anymore. I'm primarily looking at the Safe Jack kits and a bottle jack. I'm not sure the Omega that Safe Jack sells will fit in the cubby, but at least now I know the Torin will. Thank you.

Does your new scissor jack seem more heavily built than OEM? And doe the Torin 6 ton have enough lift to get an inflated 35" or 37" tire off the ground? (Can't quite tell your tire size.) Some of the 6 tons have less lift than others.
This is my safe jack stored, I have the metal base plate as well.

3B94FAE2-FB1E-4D20-8D3B-BFBEAF1EE488.jpeg

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's your opinion of the Safe Jack stuff... worth the money?
I spent the money on the safe jack because it had high reviews and came as a kit. I tried a harbor freight bottle jack and it leaked in the Jeep so it went on the shelf. The quality is good and the accessories are worth the money as it gives you the flexibility to lift from different locations. The metal base is a little weird as you they give you a bunch of washers to “customize“ to your jack.

OP
OP
Oncorhynchus

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was carrying a Hi-Lift jack mounted across the roll cage along with a Lift-Mate wheel hook and a Hi-Lift base plate in my Jeep. So I am now using the aftermarket scissor and Safe Jack attachments instead. The aftermarket scissor jack is the same cheap stamped steel as the OEM scissor jack. But the aftermarket scissor jack is driven via an 11/16” hex driver whereas the factory jack uses that little hook at the end of the extension bar that grabs the hole at the end of the scissor jack. I think the hex driven design looks more robust. Maybe it doesn’t matter since screw drives do provide a great deal of mechanical advantage.

OP
OP
Oncorhynchus

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
</snipped for brevity> ... and does the Torin 6 ton have enough lift to get an inflated 35" or 37" tire off the ground? (Can't quite tell your tire size.) Some of the 6 tons have less lift than others.
I am riding on 35” tires. See pics below. The Torin 6 ton only needs a moderate amount of extension to raise my Jeep. The photo with the Safe Jack extenders removed shows how much the jack piston was raised.

EE86A3A7-BBEB-49A8-ACCD-D33046352124.jpeg

67F00609-6010-4BF9-86A1-74634542363B.jpeg

ECD802CB-A1C1-4724-B956-AAD6854DA0B3.jpeg

A7DD4401-3348-409D-9688-655FF1BDF674.jpeg

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you have this,. doubt it would fit in the storage bin though :(

Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup A7DD4401-3348-409D-9688-655FF1BDF674
What kind of jack/lift is this? Anyone have one?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!