Sponsored

My friends warned me...

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
ok, so she owns horses? What else could be more expensive than guy hobbies? Between air cooled Porsches, cameras, motorbikes, audio gear, guns, watches, and the Jeep, exactly none of all my wife’s obsessions is cheaper than any one of mine. Not including our house remodel of course...

The reason I negotiated so hard with my dealer is because I knew every penny I saved on MSRP was going back into Jeep mods. Guys who think air cooled vintage Porsche’s are expensive never owned a new Jeep!
lol, I don’t spend more than a couple hundred a month.

we don’t have horse money.
Sponsored

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
That's how it starts. Just small additions. Then you create a list of mods you've done and things you want to do. Next thing you know you are getting multiple deliveries each week and you can't keep track of whats coming and when. And you have to find a way to get it without the motion detector going off when the UPS guy walks to the door so your wife doesn't find out, and you need the perfect hiding place until you install it and then stupidly try to convince her it was on the Jeep all along or you installed it ages ago. This ride is a sickness. Welcome aboard. (I LOVE IT!!!!)
Why are you in my head?
You answer is right on point. Had to make a list of what still has not arrived.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I love this thread! When I read a good post or find a funny thread, I usually share it with my wife who is a new Jeep owner herself. Actually, hers is ordered but we are waiting so the bug hasn't hit her to do any mods but she has already mentioned things she might "need" like a cb, security lockbox and a deepsleep air mattress for when we go camping (Now, I wonder how many people are thinking, yeah, I need one too?). Anyway, I wish I could show her this thread but she can never know the extent of the madness until she is in it herself. @KSwilly are you married and if so, how is your better half handling this (do they know lol yet)?

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to years of Just Emptying Every Pocket! Get used to it!

Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the Jeep.

I just purchased my jeep JLU sport in mid March. Already done a decent amount of things to it and I am currently at 1300 miles.

- 35" milestar tires at 200 miles
- Edge forgestar 17" wheels
- Westin triple tube snyper rails
- Tazer JL to reprogram for larger tires
- Rough country tire relocation bracket
- Rancho front differential glide plate
- 2 sets of lug nuts to hopefully protect my wheels from being stolen
- Oracle headlights
- Oracle foglights
- Oracle smokes sidemarkers
- Upgraded turn signal buibs
- Changed taillights
- Added fuel door cover
- Fuel locking cap
- changed antenna
- Swapped Rubicon suspension with .5" teraflex spacers
- Dynomax muffler delete
- Smittybilt rear cargo cover for my dogs to roam around
- Added catch can at 700 miles
- RIPP coil packs
- First oil change at 1200 miles

Rancho front and rear trackbars just came in
Rear cargo led tube light came in
Oracle ring brake light is on its way
Hotheads head liner is waiting to be installed when I have time
I still want to swap out the stereo system but the wife is already mad at me for doing all of these things in such a short amount of time.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
That's how it starts. Just small additions. Then you create a list of mods you've done and things you want to do. Next thing you know you are getting multiple deliveries each week and you can't keep track of whats coming and when. And you have to find a way to get it without the motion detector going off when the UPS guy walks to the door so your wife doesn't find out, and you need the perfect hiding place until you install it and then stupidly try to convince her it was on the Jeep all along or you installed it ages ago. This ride is a sickness. Welcome aboard. (I LOVE IT!!!!)
Absolutely hysterical . I took possession of my 2020 Rubi 2 weeks ago. Thought process was.. “ it has everything, no need to spend an additional penny”. Fast forward to tomorrow when I get the following installed .. Raptor side steps, new steel Rubi bumper, Maximus Hoop, 2 Baja LP 6’s and Weathertec mud guards. I turn 50 this weekend so my wife has been tolerant but couldn’t help but ask last night.. “ are you done yet?” .. funny thing is I couldn’t give an honest answer! LOL

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
We need some sort of support group for our addiction. It certainly isn't this forum which kind of fuels the fire. I wonder how much time the average person spends on here, or how many times they log on.
Count me for 3 times per day. I love this forum, the knowledge you gain from it, the stories, the pictures and most of all.....All of you my friends and Jeep family.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely hysterical . I took possession of my 2020 Rubi 2 weeks ago. Thought process was.. “ it has everything, no need to spend an additional penny”. Fast forward to tomorrow when I get the following installed .. Raptor side steps, new steel Rubi bumper, Maximus Hoop, 2 Baja LP 6’s and Weathertec mud guards. I turn 50 this weekend so my wife has been tolerant but couldn’t help but ask last night.. “ are you done yet?” .. funny thing is I couldn’t give an honest answer! LOL
That was the exact thought process for me too. My last Jeep was a Sport but I was always "tinkering" with it to get it the way I would like. Fast forward to the present-I bought a Rubicon as we were both convinced that when purchased it would be set up. And it was, until I saw a JL on 37's.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...As I stood there, holding the 3 factory bolts and the plastic trim piece, I broke into a cold sweat - they were RIGHT. My word - I WAS HOOKED...
As you should be. There are worse things in life that you can spend your money on. Like hookers and blow.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah....a similar evolution in my household.

Five years into FJ Cruiser ownership, I started dropping “feeler hints” about trading it in on a new Jeep. We had just paid-off the FJ. My “feeler hints” were like teasing a hornet‘s nest with a stick.

So, I engaged in a war of attrition. I tried to tame the hornets. Hornets cannot be tamed. However, I am relentless.

Phase Two of my operation: “I’m just looking babe. Who knows - I might find a miracle deal!” I was contacted via internet by a dealership an hour south of here. I told the lady I have a wife hostile to me getting a new vehicle, that I could only get it if the deal was miraculous. She invited me to come down.

The wife wasn’t too happy about that. “You don’t need a Jeep! We love the FJ! It’s paid off! Besides, I have researched this Jeep thing, and ALL Jeep owners are addicted to mods!” Crap. The hornets circling my head were angry AND very intelligent! “Baby, I WILL NOT buy ANYTHING without your approval first!”

In short, I drive down to the dealership. I am VERY good at working vehicle salespeople. After a few hours of bad offers, I called my wife and said, “What monthly payment is acceptable to you?” She gave me an IMPOSSIBLY LOW number. I hung up.

I called her back thirty minutes later, to tell her I came in ONE DOLLAR UNDER her impossible number. Deep, heavy sigh at the other end of the phone.

After she rode in it a few times, she said “This thing needs tires that grip the road better, and I need rock rails with a step to get in and out of this thing!” She is of diminutive stature. She ACTUALLY SUGGESTED the first two of many mods in the nine months I’ve owned it!

She is a keeper. But to this day she still won’t admit that she likes the Jeep.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got Leonardo DiCaprio's permission (he's my eco-green god) to buy a JLR IF I did no mods. So I've kept my promise kinda of. But I just can't bring myself to toss new tires to buy new ones an inch or 2 bigger until they have a little wear on them so that seems to be keeping my promise to him.

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I got mine trying to be practical for year round weather and some top and doors off fun. A year and a half later 3.5” lift and 37’s. And of course many future mods to come.
Sponsored