First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
The lower speaker on the front driver side, or the surrounding panels, are creating a really strange muffled sound that is super obvious on any talk radio, less noticeable with louder music. Sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher :) At first I though it was a blown or loose speaker but I've heard a few others experiencing the issue. Anyone here? Any known solutions? I've got an appointment with the dealer but it is out a few weeks.
Sponsored

TXRobD

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma, 2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I have the same issue with mine. I have not taken it in for repair yet. It's Charlie Brown teacher voice exactly when I'm listening to talk radio.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
The lower speaker on the front driver side, or the surrounding panels, are creating a really strange muffled sound that is super obvious on any talk radio, less noticeable with louder music. Sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher :) At first I though it was a blown or loose speaker but I've heard a few others experiencing the issue. Anyone here? Any known solutions? I've got an appointment with the dealer but it is out a few weeks.
I have the same issue. The sounds made when adults talk in Charlie Brown cartoons is a very good description of how any talk radio sounds on my Jeep audio system.

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Thanks for the link! I searched the forum but I must have missed that one. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone...hopefully this helps ensure the issue gets some attention.

Sponsored

Jlo_1212

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sahara
Occupation
Forensic Engineer
The dealer had my jeep in for over two weeks trying to find this issue. They located the vibration to the gateway module underneath the steering column area near that lower speaker. Iā€™ve attached a photo below. They fixed it by putting a couple dollops of epoxy in it.

5001336B-8AE4-4EC6-BAE4-FB1F71A3596F.jpeg

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
The dealer had my jeep in for over two weeks trying to find this issue. They located the vibration to the gateway module underneath the steering column area near that lower speaker. Iā€™ve attached a photo below. They fixed it by putting a couple dollops of epoxy in it.

5001336B-8AE4-4EC6-BAE4-FB1F71A3596F.jpeg
Can you post a picture with more around it so it's easier to see where that actually is? This sound is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.

RodM

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU Sahara
Having the same exact problem. Charlie Browns teacher noise with talk radio is the way I discribed it. Thank you for validating my complaint. I have been back to the dealer twice and sent videos of the sound. The Service Manager said that they took another Wranglers out and it sounds the same, so that the sound is normal. I guess I am going to have to fix this problem myself. I cannot wait for a Dealer Recall. This noise is making me crazy, especially after I got the upgraded Alpine Sound System.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I had my Rubicon at the dealer for a full day and they said they found nothing!
Shocker! Aside from several real mechanics that still exist in dealer service bays around the country, the vast majority of them canā€™t diagnose anything without a diagnostic tool.

Went to a friends house recently and noticed a drip pan under the passenger front corner of his wifeā€™s newer Durango. He was complaining about the leak and how the dealer hadnā€™t been able to locate the source of it over the course of several trips to the service bay. Iā€™m a mechanically inclined guy and can build a Jeep and work on pretty much anything, but Iā€™m not a professional mechanic. A quick look at the clear fluid and a look at the pass front corner and I could see the coil spring was covered in the fluid and it was dripping down the strut. If a mechanic canā€™t diagnose that, they donā€™t belong under any car. :headbang:

The strut was promptly changed when my now informed friend took it back. Thes guys donā€™t and wonā€™t care about our issues. The majority of them ar parts changers that have no ability to diagnose anything. Iā€™d you have a good mechanic at your service bay, consider yourself lucky and share the name and dealer name with your fellow forum member. We should probably have a sticky with good mechanics in the regional sections.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Shocker! Aside from several real mechanics that still exist in dealer service bays around the country, the vast majority of them canā€™t diagnose anything without a diagnostic tool.

Went to a friends house recently and noticed a drip pan under the passenger front corner of his wifeā€™s newer Durango. He was complaining about the leak and how the dealer hadnā€™t been able to locate the source of it over the course of several trips to the service bay. Iā€™m a mechanically inclined guy and can build a Jeep and work on pretty much anything, but Iā€™m not a professional mechanic. A quick look at the clear fluid and a look at the pass front corner and I could see the coil spring was covered in the fluid and it was dripping down the strut. If a mechanic canā€™t diagnose that, they donā€™t belong under any car. :headbang:

The strut was promptly changed when my now informed friend took it back. Thes guys donā€™t and wonā€™t care about our issues. The majority of them ar parts changers that have no ability to diagnose anything. Iā€™d you have a good mechanic at your service bay, consider yourself lucky and share the name and dealer name with your fellow forum member. We should probably have a sticky with good mechanics in the regional sections.
I soooo agree with you. Since the advent of iPads, etc the service writers nowe are trained to put all your concerns in the iPad and then it goes to a "mechanic" who says, WTF this can't be solved and they return the car to you
Sponsored