Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares?

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Nice looking! By chance what's the distance from the bottom of the flap to the ground, and as well any chance you can grab a picture from behind more down "eye-level" with the side of the jeep and height of the mudflap....but yet on a slight side angle to show both front and back? :D
Sponsored

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Nice looking! By chance what's the distance from the bottom of the flap to the ground, and as well any chance you can grab a picture from behind more down "eye-level" with the side of the jeep and height of the mudflap....but yet on a slight side angle to show both front and back? :D
I will when I get home. I only did the fronts, as the rear fenders took a beating on gravel roads a couple weeks back, plus Winter is coming and I don't want the hinges and rock sliders full of slush and ice.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
9" from the bottom to the ground on stock Rubicon.

20200925_194633.jpg

20200925_194605.jpg

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Awesome, thanks!
Mine will be here next week...I also bought the XL black on black...stock height Rubi for now.... my step boards do help to block the crud from the tires but not enough. Hopefully they will not be too low for this great canadian weather...

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome, thanks!
Mine will be here next week...I also bought the XL black on black...stock height Rubi for now.... my step boards do help to block the crud from the tires but not enough. Hopefully they will not be too low for this great canadian weather...
You‘re welcome. Winter is no treat in Minnesota either, so I get it.

Sponsored

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
Anyone have the rokblokz with 2021 rubicon new step assist rails? Did you need the uncut or cut ones? I contacted rokblokz and they don’t have any details for the new rail style.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I just installed these in XL on my stock 2020 Rubi Recon which has the step rails. You will want the non-cut version.

I found it easier to actually lay under the Jeep from the side and then look up. This way you can see how the screws attach instead of just trying to feel. I also didn't have to take the tire off or turn the wheel. Took about 2 minutes to install by doing it this way.

Ken~

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed these in XL on my stock 2020 Rubi Recon which has the step rails. You will want the non-cut version.

I found it easier to actually lay under the Jeep from the side and then look up. This way you can see how the screws attach instead of just trying to feel. I also didn't have to take the tire off or turn the wheel. Took about 2 minutes to install by doing it this way.

Ken~
Do you happen to have any photos of yours and how the rails end at the fenders? Also do you have stock wheels etc and how do they stick out?
thanks

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Here are some pictures for ya. Overall I am pretty happy with them. I do plan to get 35's which is why I went with the XL.
I got stuck in a rain storm the other day and I have tube doors and actually stayed pretty dry :)

Ken~

rockz-1.png

rockz-2.png

rockz-3.png

rockz-4.png

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Finished mine on the weekend as well! 18 JLUR stock height/tires but with Go Rhino RB20 running boards.
Fronts were a piece of cake, backs took some playing around, still not satisfied with the lack of adjustment/angle with the plastic stock lower inner fender cover...wish there was more adjustment in the bracket (like twist already in the bar/flange).

20201004_162556.jpg

20201004_162539.jpg

20201007_080153.jpg

Sponsored

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finished mine on the weekend as well! 18 JLUR stock height/tires but with Go Rhino RB20 running boards.
Fronts were a piece of cake, backs took some playing around, still not satisfied with the lack of adjustment/angle with the plastic stock lower inner fender cover...wish there was more adjustment in the bracket (like twist already in the bar/flange).

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 20201007_080153

Did you get the Regular or XL ones? As far as the back ones and more adjustment, think you could add some washers to make it angle back a little more instead of straight down?

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Did you get the Regular or XL ones? As far as the back ones and more adjustment, think you could add some washers to make it angle back a little more instead of straight down?
They are the XL.
Hard to explain, but since the plastic fender well cover gets sandwiched between its mounting bracket and the new bracket...it removes any ability to adjust it...so it basically forces it straight down.
I dont want to remove the plastic inner fender cover...but I may have to...to get a better spacing/angle on them.

Before I reinstalled the inner fendee cover it did have some movement and I was able to get a nice angle on it...but the way the cover is screwed on (one above and one below the new bracket for the mud flap)...if I cut this plastic cover I loose the bottom screw and then I would be worried it would not be secure enough to not "blow off" or take the abuse from the mud/snow....

Since the bracket is "L" shipped with frowny face adjustment slots..its fully at one extreme and can't be adjusted to twist more...with the plastic fender cover between them.

Has anyone cut or modified it more than just the slit on the frame side?

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are the XL.
Hard to explain, but since the plastic fender well cover gets sandwiched between its mounting bracket and the new bracket...it removes any ability to adjust it...so it basically forces it straight down.
I dont want to remove the plastic inner fender cover...but I may have to...to get a better spacing/angle on them.

Before I reinstalled the inner fendee cover it did have some movement and I was able to get a nice angle on it...but the way the cover is screwed on (one above and one below the new bracket for the mud flap)...if I cut this plastic cover I loose the bottom screw and then I would be worried it would not be secure enough to not "blow off" or take the abuse from the mud/snow....

Since the bracket is "L" shipped with frowny face adjustment slots..its fully at one extreme and can't be adjusted to twist more...with the plastic fender cover between them.

Has anyone cut or modified it more than just the slit on the frame side?
my Jeep is still in order so I have no first hand knowledge. However you said when it was not tightened down you had a nice angle in it. Could you use some spacer or washer behind the fender cover to keep it from closing down all the way to keep the angle?

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
my Jeep is still in order so I have no first hand knowledge. However you said when it was not tightened down you had a nice angle in it. Could you use some spacer or washer behind the fender cover to keep it from closing down all the way to keep the angle?
No, using spacers would angle the tip of the bracket towards the front of the Jeep..not changing the actual angle of the flap.. that I can think of...

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Soo... after some playing around and creative arts and crafts... I bent the bracket to allow more clearance for it to pivot more...I'll attach pics... works/looks much better then previous (as they were almost straight up and down).
Re-sprayed the brackets with black rust paint... looks and fits much better

20201023_094432.jpg

20201023_094256.jpg

20201023_082951.jpg

20201004_162556.jpg
Sponsored