Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares?

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Agreed. They are a bit pricey, but didn't find anything that comes close to them and got several compliments on them as well.
I went with RokBlokz as well but had some minor issues. The holes in the front flaps did not line up with the holes of my 2018 Sahara. Had to ream out one of the holes laterally in each flap so they were more of an oval than a circle in order to get the front flaps to fit.

The steel mounting brackets for the rear have a L-shaped profile (they came with approx 95 degree angle). This did not fit on my Jeep. It interfered with the stock plastic rear bumper assembly. Had to bend the brackets so that their angle was closer to 85 degrees in order for the rear flaps to clear the bumper.

Definitely keep the rear plastic cover piece. I had to perform a little more surgery than the video posted above by Jeeporama but I think that’s because I had to modify the bend in the L brackets. There are some wires up in the back of the Sahara rear bumper and without this plastic piece your tires will be throwing rocks and mud at the wiring.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 7C032BE8-10AC-4F7A-B676-EED3FD181E6C

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 424F57EE-114C-4726-81FC-31FE4DE71312

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 5F7AC180-F91F-45B5-A206-7930D606BA98
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Agreed. They are a bit pricey, but didn't find anything that comes close to them and got several compliments on them as well.
very pricey but I don’t know of any other options that are wide enough for my tires.

Ogormanste

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
I had to do exactly the same with the rear brackets. All good now though.

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green, JLUR (soon)
I had to do exactly the same with the rear brackets. All good now though.
My advice to anyone considering them is keep it simple, go with the front only. The front were an easy install with the hole for the rock rail on my Rubicon perfect. As previously said, they can be taken off or put back on in less than a minute. I don't think the back flaps look as good. The rear flaps are much harder to install and my understanding is difficult and time consuming to remove and reinstall. More importantly, you just don't need them. You don't get rocks kicking off the rear tires that damage the paint. Yes, it can It can happen but it's rare, all the rocks damaging hinges and body come off the front tires.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was anti-mudflap on my JLUR for the last year. I just ordered some -12 offset wheels and already picturing gross winter driving.... Just ordered a set of black on black RokBlokz. I may only install the front but curious how they look. Looked through pics and they look really good on black fender flares. Hopefully not too obtrusive on the painted white. Since they are removable, I don't need to run all year long. I may buys some extra push pins for when I pull them off to keep inner fender liner from flapping.

Sponsored

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green, JLUR (soon)
I was anti-mudflap on my JLUR for the last year. I just ordered some -12 offset wheels and already picturing gross winter driving.... Just ordered a set of black on black RokBlokz. I may only install the front but curious how they look. Looked through pics and they look really good on black fender flares. Hopefully not too obtrusive on the painted white. Since they are removable, I don't need to run all year long. I may buys some extra push pins for when I pull them off to keep inner fender liner from flapping.
IMHO, black on black is the way to go. Good luck with them.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMHO, black on black is the way to go. Good luck with them.
Thanks! I agree. I kept thinking white logos or red logos.... decided it was too much. The black on black just looks cleaner, in my opinion.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I agree. I kept thinking white logos or red logos.... decided it was too much. The black on black just looks cleaner, in my opinion.
I wanted them to remove the logos entirety, but they wouldn't. Black logo on black flap is nearly invisible :like:

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yeah I like the look of the Rokblokz and Rally Armor...simple and large. I might do them in the future.

Ogormanste

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
I needed rear flaps as I tow
and fed up of arriving at my chosen site with a filthy caravan. Look good imo.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I needed rear flaps as I tow
and fed up of arriving at my chosen site with a filthy caravan. Look good imo.
I have a small travel trailer and was thinking the same. With my stock wheels and offset, it hasn't been horrible. But as soon as I get my wheels on, I think it could make a mess of the trailer. And the back seem SUPER simple to remove for the other 300 days of the year.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Rokblokz are the best. Originally bought WeatherTec. Very well constructed and cheaper but returned them. 1. They don't look anywhere as good as the Rokblokz on a jeep. Look like they belong on a car. 2. I only put the front flaps on. They can be taken on or put back in less than a minute. Something to consider if you go rock crawling. The WeatherTec are permanent. I purchased Rokblokz for needed protection but really like the looks more than expected. Have gotten lots of compliments about them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares? 5F7AC180-F91F-45B5-A206-7930D606BA98

Did you get them from their web site? Can you list the link? Did you get the long or short ones?