More Carnage On Black Bear Pass

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I know this is a very popular trail. Not technically difficult, but still dangerous.

When things go bad on this trail, they can go very bad.

There was another bad accident there last year.

Just be careful.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The guy in the Jeep got out, and failed to secure his vehicle. The bronco rolled attempting to turn around after going backwards up the one way trail. Neither has anything to do with the trail being difficult or dangerous. When people drive off the side of 550, do people talk about it being a technical or challenging highway? Seems like at least once a year someone drives off a cliff on highway 1 into the ocean, nobody says “should have been more experienced and had a spotter”? Stupid should hurt, on blackbear, or any shelf road for that matter, it almost always will.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The ladies in the Bronco Sport were tourists going the wrong way on a famously dangerous, steep, narrow, one-way trail. Facing oncoming traffic, the driver attempted to turn around...but she literally ran out of trail.

YouTube is a blessing and a curse in that it makes people aware that these beautiful places exist. Unfortunately, with the influx of visitors you get those few who still haven’t quite mastered the basic skill of motor driving.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I believe I still have that album on vinyl.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I have it on cassette. I'll never forget Dad playing "Wolf creek pass" for me the first time. I was probably 10 and I thought it was hilarious. Come to think of it, I still do. Great memories...

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
you get those few who still haven’t quite mastered the basic skill of motor driving.
Come down here and drive on our freeways- we have lots of them.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That Bronco Sport maintained cabin integrity after rolling all that distance, even the ENGINE was thrown out. Ford has learned a thing or two since the original Explorers that crushed to the beltline after one roll. In the Firestone Days...

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
first: the video with the jeep rolling in front of the other vehicle is bizarre because we watched that other vehicle drive down that very same road (more than slowly) and there was nothing that would indicate a challenging road. I could not comprehend how someone went off the road during that drive.
Having said that, it was pretty spectacular.

Next: the bronco all smashed up. The guy couldn't be more impressed with how it withstood the crash. I have no words, its like being impressed when a surfer doesn't get eaten by a shark.

OP
OP

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
The road is narrow. It is right on the edge of a steep cliff. If you have spent all your life driving on highways, it could be difficult to adjust.

It doesn't seem as if accidents happen often here. When they do, however, things can get really ugly.

Take a look at this one. These are experienced Jeepers.

I have driven on roads like this up near the Blue Mountains in Jamaica. Up near the coffee plantations. Two way traffic on narrow roads with a steep cliff on one side. Not fun.

Sponsored

Last edited: