Mopar Wheels question

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I can get a smokin deal on these wheels from the dealer. I know they can be both 'simulated' beadlock as well as real beadlock. My question is paiting when simulated. Does the simulated ring come off or do you bring the whole wheel to the paint shop?
Sponsored

hicksx3

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
So I can get a smokin deal on these wheels from the dealer. I know they can be both 'simulated' beadlock as well as real beadlock. My question is paiting when simulated. Does the simulated ring come off or do you bring the whole wheel to the paint shop?
I took my rings last week to get powder coated.

OP
OP
smokinjeep

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I took my rings last week to get powder coated.
Sorry for the perhaps dumb question, are you saying there are two sets of rings? One for true beadlocks that you have to buy extra and one for simulated beadlocks? Thanks for clarifying for me.

hicksx3

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Sorry for the perhaps dumb question, are you saying there are two sets of rings? One for true beadlocks that you have to buy extra and one for simulated beadlocks? Thanks for clarifying for me.
No it looks like you need to purchase the Beadlock ring kit (unfortunately ) I don't even have my Jeep yet just filling up garage with parts!

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The mopar rims come with the fake beadlock ring. You have to purchase the real beadlock rings seperately at $100+ a ring.

I powdercoated my rings...

11EA16BF-C261-40E1-A9ED-C13A65199F7F.jpeg

Sponsored

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
The simulated ring comes uninstalled in the same box with the wheel. You then attach it with the bag of bolts that are also supplied. Before attaching, you can send just the rings out for painting or powder coating. No need to send the entire wheel. Here's a picture of my simulated rings just back from powder coating with their hardware bags. Second picture is one of my wheels with tire already mounted. You can see all of the holes for the bolts that hold the simulated beadlock ring.
Photo Mar 24, 4 58 37 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 24, 4 59 14 PM.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Like others say the simulated ring come with it and is silver. The true beadlocks run about $140 each and are red. They also some with hex head bolts I believe. How good of a deal are they offering them to you? For reference, we paid $340 each. Love them

Brett

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm taking my simulated rings to a local shop and they are quoting me $40/ring if i go with a single shot powder or $60/ring if it is a single color + clear coat.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Where did you take your rings to get powder coated?
You need to find a business that does powder coating.

Can a dealership have this done?
Not likely. If they say yes, they will probably send the work out to a powder coater. At that point, you're better off having the work done directly by the powder coater.
Sponsored