New Mopar TPMS question

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Does anyone know if these need to be programmed if I’m installing new ones with my new wheels?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone know if these need to be programmed if I’m installing new ones with my new wheels?
@Laz

No, no programming of those, Schrader 20398 OE TPMS sensor's is needed.

In regard to your JL's TPMS:

How does the JL/JLU know which tire/rim/wheel is where .....

Well, there are 3 sensors on the chassis that monitor the 4 TPMS Sensors found on the 4 tire (rim) positions.

Info from the 3 chassis sensors is transmitted to the Wireless Control Module. There is no need for a 4th chassis sensor as the computer uses the process of elimination to determine the fourth tire location.

Yes, your JLU/JL knows exactly which rim is where, usually within seconds of a tire rotation for example. Yes, It's all done automatically.

There is a TPMS sensor in the factory mounted spare but it is not read by a chassis sensor/ considered by the computer until it is placed in one of the 4 tire positions.

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
@Laz

No, no programming of those, Schrader 20398 OE TPMS sensor's is needed.

In regard to your JL's TPMS:

How does the JL/JLU know which tire/rim/wheel is where .....

Well, there are 3 sensors on the chassis that monitor the 4 TPMS Sensors found on the 4 tire (rim) positions.

Info from the 3 chassis sensors is transmitted to the Wireless Control Module. There is no need for a 4th chassis sensor as the computer uses the process of elimination to determine the fourth tire location.

Yes, your JLU/JL knows exactly which rim is where, usually within seconds of a tire rotation for example. Yes, It's all done automatically.

There is a TPMS sensor in the factory mounted spare but it is not read by a chassis sensor/ considered by the computer until it is placed in one of the 4 tire positions.
Thanks so much. Very useful info. I appreciate it.
Sponsored