Mopar touch-up paint problem

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Ordered touch-up paint for my Ocean Blue Sahara online. Door jamb says PBM. Ordered PBM. Received Mopar touch-up paint marked as PBM. Tested the color. Guess what the paint is a dark Granite color not Blue. I was told that this was non-returnable and non-refundable. Has anyone else bought Mopar factory touch-up paint and the wrong color was in the container?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ordered touch-up paint for my Ocean Blue Sahara online. Door jamb says PBM. Ordered PBM. Received Mopar touch-up paint marked as PBM. Tested the color. Guess what the paint is a dark Granite color not Blue. I was told that this was non-returnable and non-refundable. Has anyone else bought Mopar factory touch-up paint and the wrong color was in the container?
Not trying to be funny, but did you try it on a sample to see if when it dries it really is OB?

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
More information... Where did you buy it? How did you pay for it? Do you still have the original receipt/order information?

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I use touch up pens all the time, many car brands, never encountered anything like this. Very strange!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Personally I never thought any of the touch up pens matched very well. Order Dr. Color Chip or have a body shop mix you a little touch up paint.

OP
OP
paffemt

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I shook it vigorously to make sure that wasn’t the problem. I applied it to white surface and when it dried it was darker than the granite on my daughter’s Cherokee. Isn’t “PDM” the granite color? Wondering if Mopar had a run where the wrong paint was put in the containers. In all my years, this is the first time I have had this issue. If it was a Mopar problem, I wonder how many of these are this way.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I shook it vigorously to make sure that wasn’t the problem. I applied it to white surface and when it dried it was darker than the granite on my daughter’s Cherokee. Isn’t “PDM” the granite color? Wondering if Mopar had a run where the wrong paint was put in the containers. In all my years, this is the first time I have had this issue. If it was a Mopar problem, I wonder how many of these are this way.
Odd, granite crystal code is PAU

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Found out PDM is mineral Gray. Looks lighter than what was in the container as well. I't definitely wasn't Ocean Blue.
Did you get it from your dealer? If so, you could try touching up the spot and if it truly didn't match, take the Jeep and your paint pen to the dealer. I don't know, just throwing that out there.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found out PDM is mineral Gray. Looks lighter than what was in the container as well. I't definitely wasn't Ocean Blue.
Not sure if it's worth the trouble to you. Right is right. The paint pen is wrong. I would ask for a refund just based on principle. Or have your credit card company dispute it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
On a semi related note, I bought a Mopar Hellayella paint pen. Color wasn't even close. It was a darker mustard yellow. Sort of like when mustard dries on the tip of the bottle. Clear coat was sticky and lumpy. Horrible quality. Didn't end up using it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking on Paint Reference, PBM was used on 88 different FCA vehicles for multiple different colors, some of which are gray. You got PBM but not Jeep JL PBM.
Excellent detective work!
Sponsored