Mopar lift springs wrong?

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
After installing my Mopar lift I have a severe lean to the right. Fuel doesn't matter much. I mean c'mon when my 235 ass sits down it would offset fuel and it doesn't.
Yes everything is installed correctly and to spec. I wonder though as it has been pointed out where the Mopar instructions have some errors like showing the wrong vehicle position. Is it possible the springs position in the manual is wrong? Should they be on opposite sides? I am upset that I never actually measured the springs height to see if they were uniform or different. My main issue seem to be the rear, about a 3/4" difference which is a LOT for those who say it's normal, no it's not.
Problem is, even if you lift the spring with a spacer, it will lift both sides technically.
Did Mopar make these springs like crap and not to spec's?
Sponsored

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
After installing my Mopar lift I have a severe lean to the right. Fuel doesn't matter much. I mean c'mon when my 235 ass sits down it would offset fuel and it doesn't.
Yes everything is installed correctly and to spec. I wonder though as it has been pointed out where the Mopar instructions have some errors like showing the wrong vehicle position. Is it possible the springs position in the manual is wrong? Should they be on opposite sides? I am upset that I never actually measured the springs height to see if they were uniform or different. My main issue seem to be the rear, about a 3/4" difference which is a LOT for those who say it's normal, no it's not.
Problem is, even if you lift the spring with a spacer, it will lift both sides technically.
Did Mopar make these springs like crap and not to spec's?
Mine leans as well. Only the rear though. It currently sits about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch lower on the right side. Drives me crazy because I can’t unsee it now.

I’m curious if you happened to change out your rear track bar. I’m thinking this might be the issue. My rear axle is off center about 3/4 of an inch now after installing the lift. If you think that the stock track bar is too short for this amount of lift, not only would it pull the axle off center, but it would also pull down the side of the vehicle where it attaches to the body/frame. The springs and linkages want to center the axle, but the track bar can’t give. You have two forces fighting each other and the giving point is compressing the right side spring. This is just my theory on it, either way I’m replacing the track bars and hoping this fixes the issue.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine leans as well. Only the rear though. It currently sits about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch lower on the right side. Drives me crazy because I can’t unsee it now.

I’m curious if you happened to change out your rear track bar. I’m thinking this might be the issue. My rear axle is off center about 3/4 of an inch now after installing the lift. If you think that the stock track bar is too short for this amount of lift, not only would it pull the axle off center, but it would also pull down the side of the vehicle where it attaches to the body/frame. The springs and linkages want to center the axle, but the track bar can’t give. You have two forces fighting each other and the giving point is compressing the right side spring. This is just my theory on it, either way I’m replacing the track bars and hoping this fixes the issue.
I have the Mopar lift, I got 3.5” of lift. Both axles were off 3/4” and right side was down about 1/2”. So I got rk adjustable track bars front and rear and centered my axles back up and it leveled me back up. Don’t know if this is what’s happening with yours because I don’t know how much lift you got, but if it was 3” or more then this is something you should try.

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes I installed RK adjustable track bars, mine was only shifted about 1/2 if I remember, but it did nothing with the lean, almost made it worse. I am still leaning to the Mopar springs should be reversed (LH vs RH) or they are just built wrong. I mean what else can it be as before the lift it sat level. I should have never worried about warranty and bought that garbage ass Mopar lift.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
If you want Mopar springs,.... They can be purchased separately from the kit and not that expensive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the part numbers of side specific springs
68414065AA = LF
68414067AA = RF
68414066AA = LR
68414068AA = RR
Some have colored tags also, red drivers side and blue passenger side. In case you don’t have this information.
Thanks, and yes I had all this info, but was aware on the instructions Mopar did make a mistake showing the correct drivers vs passenger side on some illustrations and wondered if possibly they made a mistake on these springs too. Either way something is wrong with my springs apparently with the lean I have. I wondered if anyone with the Mopar kit actually had springs replaced?

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want Mopar springs,.... They can be purchased separately from the kit and not that expensive.
No I have Mopar springs, my question was if the install manual could be wrong on their placement. Otherwise I might just have either overly long springs or overly short on one side, or weak.

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

By the way, I installed the RK track bar and centered the rear axle, even worse lean after. I think the f.....g Mopar springs are labeled wrong, like BLUE should go on drivers side and RED on passengers side. I just don't have time to play spring merry go round. I would recommend never buy a Mopar kit.

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it’s a pain in the ass but you might have to take springs out and put them beside each other to really get to bottom of it. Did you buy kit from somewhere that will help you out with a return or exchange? This sucks, I know how you feel, mine drove me crazy and it was only about a half inch. But track bars and torquing everything to specs while Jeep was on ground seemed to eliminate it. I’m still not perfect but it’s like an 1/8 “ . Let me know what you find out.
Did all that and did not help one bit. I have taken the front end apart 4 times now. Starting to piss me off.

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much is it leaning, do you have pic? Is it enough you could put in coil spacer, I’m putting 3/4 “ spacers in front of mine, new bumper and winch made nose dive a little. Aggravating, I know.
between 1/2 and 3/4. I have 1/2" Teraflex spacers for all four, put one on the front RH, helped a little, problem is I noticed it lifts the LH also by just raising the whole front. Now I will try the back RH and see what happens. The back is a solid 3/4" leaning to the RH. Problem is those back springs are closer together than the front, so I am afraid when I add the spacer to the RH spring it will just lift the entire back and not really tilt it back to the LH side.

I really believe I got a POS JL Rubi that probably just has shit welds or a warped frame.

I finally measured the RH spring, and will take the other three off and measure them so see if there is some drastic difference going on, but of course I have no specs anyway (meaning maybe some springs should be longer/shorter).

If a dealer told me 1/2-3/4 lean is acceptable, honestly I would want to bitch slap that jacktard. This is what old men do, haha.
Sponsored