MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

MTSmith

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Subaru Outback
I got it figured out. Dealing with those plastic pins in the #5 slot was more of a pain than I was expecting...clearly I was making it harder than I needed to. Everything else was pretty straight forward. I had some error messages after I finished and had to re-install the BCM plugs. You really have to push those in. The trick seemed to be having the levers at the most up positions when pushing in the modules and then clamping them down. Halos aren't working but I have a tazer on the way to hopefully take care of that.

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok I can confirm that tazer DO turn on the halo! I followed advice from @fonzie turning it on and off in the taser setup and after maybe 3 or 4 times the halo lit up completely and stayed on! Now i have no problems with low beam high beam and halo is lit always. Im rebooting now and following proper instructions and I will update if anything else comes up.

8FAC6BEB-3BA8-4329-B996-8B617689A9E1.jpeg
Do you have LED side markers?

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
FINALLY GOT IT ALL WORKING! So it was exactly the same as your experience, had to contact the Regional FCA office, have them Add the Sales Code LPX to the VIN, and then have the local Dealership Reconfigure the BCM (Flash)... So now, not only do my Halo’s work, but the reconfigure also fixed my Fender LED DRL/Turns that I had retroactively installed, and they are no longer giving me light warnings. I now have the full LED Package as installed by the factory, LED Headlamps w/Halo’s, LED Fogs, LED DRL/Turns (Fender), and LED Taillights. Way more expensive than buying it already built that way, but I didn’t have to wait month’s for an order to be built, etc.

Thanks @Dom for the insight and making me not feel crazy about the process that I was being told to go through by the company that I bought the kit from.

Also, HUGE shout out to Benny @ www.JeepsAreUs.com as he was the one that actually reached out and contacted the Regional FCA office for me, and made sure that I got a working set of lights, as I had expected when I bought them. His customer service at www.JeepsAreUs.com was so far above and beyond, and I really appreciate it!
I’m glad everything worked out for you

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
Darn, not quite my use case. I have Halogen non-rubicon flares without DRLs. Wondering if I can swap to just the fender lights rather than the entire flare just to get both DRLs and LEDs.
I see quatratec has the Mopar led parking lights in stock I wonder if these are the real Mopar lights because my dealer is still waiting on one side and I have not been contacted by them yet has anyone purchased these yet from quatratec

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
It’s what I like to know. I guess I will have to call them but I’m not buying the dealer is the one that has to provide them for me

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
It’s what I like to know. I guess I will have to call them but I’m not buying the dealer is the one that has to provide them for me
So if that’s the case then why only quatratec has them I’ve done a web search and it seems only they have them in stock. Has anyone found them anywhere else?

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
So if that’s the case then why only quatratec has them I’ve done a web search and it seems only they have them in stock. Has anyone found them anywhere else?
It’s all I need all other lights are led on and working. Then I can focus on the proximity remote entry door handle

arkmobile

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm currently installing the LED Headlight upgrades and I can't figure out how to remove this white plastic pin in the headlight connector plug. It needs to be removed so i can complete steps 24 and 25.

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

Edit: I figured it out, here is the solution i used.

How to remove pin from wiring connector?

Last edited:

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Welp, just got back from the dealership $115 to do the software stuff, the high and low beams work perfect, no flicker, etc. BUT the halos aren't working so that's not their issue it's mine most likely so I'll be chasing that gremlin today. Wish me luck!
What codes did they add?
Sponsored