MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Just got mine in the mail, not realizing how deep this install is. This is a stupid question I know, but... can I just install the lights without running that extra line for the Halos? Or does that line have to be run regardless? Just wondering if I can install the main lights now, and deal with running that line another day when Iā€™m feeling ambitious.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MTSmith

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Subaru Outback
Just got mine in the mail, not realizing how deep this install is. This is a stupid question I know, but... can I just install the lights without running that extra line for the Halos? Or does that line have to be run regardless? Just wondering if I can install the main lights now, and deal with running that line another day when Iā€™m feeling ambitious.
I believe the wires are to power to halos and you can just hook up the lights to run without halos. You will need a flash via dealer or tazer to make the hi/lo beam work correctly. It will only take you 5-10 minutes to remove the halogens and put in the new lights.

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the wires are to power to halos and you can just hook up the lights to run without halos. You will need a flash via dealer or tazer to make the hi/lo beam work correctly. It will only take you 5-10 minutes to remove the halogens and put in the new lights.
Man, if thatā€™s true that would be awesome. I suspected the same thing, but couldnā€™t really confirm anywhere that the extra wire is just for the Halos. I guess I may give it a shot after all! That being said... between the cost of a Tazer and these lights weā€™re at about $1300... so the Quadratec lights may make more sense.

MTSmith

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Subaru Outback
Man, if thatā€™s true that would be awesome. I suspected the same thing, but couldnā€™t really confirm anywhere that the extra wire is just for the Halos. I guess I may give it a shot after all! That being said... between the cost of a Tazer and these lights weā€™re at about $1300... so the Quadratec lights may make more sense.
It is expensive for sure. I bet the Quadratec lights are a high quality product as well. I just wanted to go for the stock led look.

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
We have re-designed the harness to work with any JL OEM headlights, any year. With our adapter, your halo's will operate like OEM. Anyone needing LED headlight harnesses, PM us. We have direct plug and play kits available you can use the halo no need for dealer flash or Tazer.

http://www.headlighthaven.com/JEEP-WRANGLER-JL-LED-HEADLIGHT-MULTI-FIX-ADAPTER_p_74.html#

Doesn't this seem to be a cheaper and hassle free option?

Nowadays you can find LED take offs for $600 for the pair plus this adapter you will be bellow the $900 up and running...

Sponsored

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Doesn't this seem to be a cheaper and hassle free option?

Nowadays you can find LED take offs for $600 for the pair plus this adapter you will be bellow the $900 up and running...
Hi there, so I started this thread simply to show the install of the Mopar Kit. That's pretty much it. I saved a few minutes, found a few shortcuts, and took the time to show everyone step by step how it goes. Learn from this and make your own informed decisions. That's the beauty part of collective knowledge we pool together on this site!

You can use that harness and I'm sure it'll work fine. This thread is just showing one way of going about it, but that doesn't mean it's the only way. Some of us, (me included) wanted the factory offering. I say give it a shot if that's what you're leaning towards, because like I said, I made this thread to show what I wanted to do. I think you should do what makes you happy and give it a whirl!

I wish ya luck! :rock:

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
Hi there, so I started this thread simply to show the install of the Mopar Kit. That's pretty much it. I saved a few minutes, found a few shortcuts, and took the time to show everyone step by step how it goes. Learn from this and make your own informed decisions. That's the beauty part of collective knowledge we pool together on this site!

You can use that harness and I'm sure it'll work fine. This thread is just showing one way of going about it, but that doesn't mean it's the only way. Some of us, (me included) wanted the factory offering. I say give it a shot if that's what you're leaning towards, because like I said, I made this thread to show what I wanted to do. I think you should do what makes you happy and give it a whirl!

I wish ya luck! :rock:
Don't get me wrong here. I just mentioned this since when reading thru the whole post I could see how some members had the popular run around from the dealerships not been able to add the sales code or whatever to have halos working properly, going back and forward, having your Jeep at the dealership, paying them for labor at X $ to find a solution and at the end you the customer end up telling them what needs to be done.

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is curious, I ended up installing the lights yesterday without the extra halo wire. To my surprise the low beams work fine without any flickering, only one side works with the high beams, so Iā€™m just going to have the dealer flash it to fix that. Obviously no Halos since I didnā€™t connect the extra wire, but Iā€™m pretty stoked I can at least use them while I get the rest sorted out.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is curious, I ended up installing the lights yesterday without the extra halo wire. To my surprise the low beams work fine without any flickering, only one side works with the high beams, so Iā€™m just going to have the dealer flash it to fix that. Obviously no Halos since I didnā€™t connect the extra wire, but Iā€™m pretty stoked I can at least use them while I get the rest sorted out.
I installed mine as well. I did the full halo install. What a pain in the arse. My low beams are fine, but like you I have only 1 high beam and no halo I called my dealer and they entered the LPX code to my vin over the phone. I just gotta drop in for the flash.

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Just headlights? How long did it take you? What were the trouble steps for you?

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I installed mine as well. I did the full halo install. What a pain in the arse. My low beams are fine, but like you I have only 1 high beam and no halo I called my dealer and they entered the LPX code to my vin over the phone. I just gotta drop in for the flash.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
A full day, but I could do it now in a couple hours...lol.
getting the 2 wire halo harness thru the fire wall and to the top of the BCM cluster was a pain. I took the passenger seat out to make it a bit easier.

66596380_10161964307540331_2721163735396777984_n.jpg

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If youā€™re just doing the headlights without the extra halo jumper wire it will probably take most people about 30-60 minutes taking your time. Itā€™s pretty simple.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
high on my bucket list ... scanned the thread last night and maybe i missed it, but what is the difference between 82215136AC and 82215136AD ? some websites have 82215136AD some have 82215136AC and some have 82215136AD aka 82215136AC (am thinking no difference, just that factory is AC and the vendors are AD - but have had trials and tribulations with my18 sport-halogen upgrade to after market led) thank you :)
Sponsored