MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Welp, just got back from the dealership $115 to do the software stuff, the high and low beams work perfect, no flicker, etc. BUT the halos aren't working so that's not their issue it's mine most likely so I'll be chasing that gremlin today. Wish me luck!
Good luck, and please report back!
Sponsored

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Good news, I've caught the gremlin and now the halos work! BUT I wanna stress, that a big part of the credit belongs to Alasek! Honestly if he didn't mention that the instructions in the kit were incorrect (in the section that tells you which "pins" to insert the new wires), never would that have crossed my mind, I'd be screwed, and pulling my hair out. So again I wanna say thank you for the very helpful tip, everything works flawless after the dealer programming and having the wires corresponding with the correct pins in the harness! Expect some pictures soon, overall extremely happy with the kit and the end result! Very much recommend to anyone considering this and is lucky enough to snag the kits as they come out very slowyyyy :tumbleweed:

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Pictures go in order (roughly) of the kit/conversion/upgrade......

Later I'll post pictures of the instructions for people to use as a later reference, but right now this comes first.

**I want to make a special mention that the instructions say to take out the inner fender wheel well liner...thingy, don't do that. That requires you to drill out some of the plastic rivets, and yes the kit comes with replacements because even the kit says to drill them out, but DO NOT. A quick google search/youtube survey I came across a video from Jeep Informant that said it's by far quicker and easier to just remove the whole fender flare assembly since it's literally 4 bolts and 1 plastic retainer clip towards the front. So that's where I deviated from the kits instructions and it paid off in time saved and lack of hacking on my Jeep.**

Now, without further interruptions, enjoy your feature presentation!

Cory

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I need help! I did this exact thing and now I’m getting ZERO power to any accessories. I recconect the battery and the only get power to my interior lights, and the center screen powers on and off the radio powers on but a black screen only. The car won’t even go into accessory. Help!!!

UPDATE:
Make sure the connectors in the BCM are all pressed in extremely well. My most top left connector was not secured well enough and that was my issue. I did swap wires like the earlier post recommended. I used my tazer to enable my LEDs and Halo. Lights are on but halos are not. I’ll update again when I figure that out.

Last edited:

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@l.a.j.o.i.e and @alasek , I installed my kit this week, and used my TAZER to activate everything and it all works perfectly, but NO halo’s!!! What was different on the pin placement for the BCM?!

Last edited:

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey guys,

Happy to be making the post finally after chasing this factory kit (for a year) from Mopar.

I got a call from my dealership this morning that my LED Conversion Kit had arrived from Mopar. Seems pretty simple actually, both headlights, a very simple but well made wire harness that (works with) your factory halogen harness, the sales code to add, and a guide on how to align the headlights once installed.

The manual is 25 pages long, but comes with pictures and pretty decent step by step instructions. Comes with zip ties and a few extra clips for the installation as well.

This is the factory kit some people wanted for the lights, harness, etc that everyone with the Sport/Sport S and Non LED Saharas/Rubi's needed to complete the factory LED Headlight set up. Other routes exist besides this but I rarely read much about the kit from Mopar so I wanted to share it for anyone interested. I was surprised by how simple they made the kit, but again, I'm always happy for the non-complicated route.

I'll try to get this put on someday this week if the weather holds out. Nothing but rain clouds and storms here in Ohio. :rain:

I'll attach a few pictures to explain some of my gibberish lol. Fingers crossed it ends as smoothly as it looks. :rock:

Backstory: I went for this kit because I didn't have very good luck buying take offs from other owners, vendors, etc. I had a set of those 9" kiwi's and they blinded everyone in front of me and they're useless since I can't adjust those so I sent those back. I ended up with a weird LED set a few months back that was from Europe actually and those didn't have the (4th halo wire), which didn't have the halo ring and one was actually broken. Sooo long story short, I gave up and waited for my best option for me personally which was the factory offering LED Kit. At least these I can adjust and they aren't broken right out of the box haha. :CWL:

(TL:DR.........:handsinair: new lights showed up!)

IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg
IMG_4522.jpg
Welp, just got back from the dealership $115 to do the software stuff, the high and low beams work perfect, no flicker, etc. BUT the halos aren't working so that's not their issue it's mine most likely so I'll be chasing that gremlin today. Wish me luck!

Sponsored

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey guys
I just had my BCM re flashed and the headlights work perfect even the halos and I’m happy with it

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What PIN spots did you use on the BCM Plug? The instructions call for OG in #5 & DB in #7, but you indicated that it was wrong... I’ve got my BCM flashed, so I just need to figure out the wiring.

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
What PIN spots did you use on the BCM Plug? The instructions call for OG in #5 & DB in #7, but you indicated that it was wrong... I’ve got my BCM flashed, so I just need to figure out the wiring.
Did you go by the picture that I posted or by the diagram?

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you go by the picture that I posted or by the diagram?
Right now it’s by the diagram in the instructions... I’m trying to figure out how to interpret the picture you posted...
Sponsored