StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Alasek One note, the pic you posted, the view says from the end, whereas the view in the instructions is from the wire insertion side... So I think that’s what’s confusing me...

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Should I say the diagram from the harness that I got from mopar
Right now it’s by the diagram in the instructions... I’m trying to figure out how to interpret the picture you posted...
Also if you disconnect the harness from the BCM and take the clip off you could see the numbers on the plug

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also if you disconnect the harness from the BCM and take the clip off you could see the numbers on the plug
Right, I saw the numbers... I put the OG (orange-passenger) wire in the #5 spot, per the diagram and the numbers on the side, and the DB (dark blue - driver) in the #7 spot... but no halo’s working...

So did you do something different from that to get yours to work?

Sponsored

gsilly

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2-Door
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I saw the numbers... I put the OG (orange-passenger) wire in the #5 spot, per the diagram and the numbers on the side, and the DB (dark blue - driver) in the #7 spot... but no halo’s working...

So did you do something different from that to get yours to work?
I made an account as I spent all day installing mine just to answer this question. I believe what Alasek is referring to (and correct me if I'm wrong, please) is that the instructions have the module picture upside down and are pointing out the wrong connection points because of it.

Here are some pictures comparing the two.

First the manual.
fullsizeoutput_dc2.jpeg

Notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the left).

Now the online form that Alasek found with what should be #5 and #7 pointed out.
IMG_0812.JPG

Again, notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the right). Could be a simple misprint on Mopar's part.

I have yet to actually test any of this as one of my lights was busted in the back (Steve Whites is coming to the rescue hopefully).

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I made an account as I spent all day installing mine just to answer this question. I believe what Alasek is referring to (and correct me if I'm wrong, please) is that the instructions have the module picture upside down and are pointing out the wrong connection points because of it.

Here are some picture comparing the two.

First the manual.
fullsizeoutput_dc2.jpeg

Notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the left)

Now the online form that Alasek found with what should be #5 and #7 pointed out.
IMG_0812.JPG

Again, notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the right). Could be a simple misprint on Mopar's part.

I have yet to actually test any of this as one of my lights was busted in the back (Steve Whites is coming to the rescue hopefully).
Go by

Here are some picture comparing the two.

First the manual.
fullsizeoutput_dc2.jpeg

Notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the left)

IMG_0812.JPG

yeah follow the online form and like I said the harness or plug whatever you wanna call it there’s numbers too
Also after I had the BCM re flashed I noticed that my halos weren’t on and i told the service writer from the dealer and he drove the car back to the tech
He said that when the tech did the configuration he didn’t save it but I think he did something else

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Here are some pictures comparing the two.

First the manual.
fullsizeoutput_dc2.jpeg

Notice the orientation of the module (fat part to the left).

IMG_0812.JPG

But it’s the same, because the instruction say “insertion side”, while the online diagram says “end view”, meaning the outside view

Sponsored

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it’s the only two free slots on that row
Yeah, that’s exactly how mine is hooked up... so I’m guessing I need to go get the BCM flashed at the dealership, and that turning on the HALO feature with my TAZER isn’t enough...

Do you agree @Alasek and @gsilly ?

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Yeah you have to have the BCM re flash
Make sure everything works before you leave the dealer because when they called and said my car was ready I was making sure everything worked and that’s when I noticed the halos not working and they took it back to the tech and after 15 minutes they gave it back to me in working conditions
And don’t tell them to recheck your work because that would call for diagnosis work and it’s gonna costs you more money
What’s tazer?

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Yeah, that’s exactly how mine is hooked up... so I’m guessing I need to go get the BCM flashed at the dealership, and that turning on the HALO feature with my TAZER isn’t enough...

Do you agree @Alasek and @gsilly ?

I have the tazer too and after getting everything wired (and rewired) correctly, I was able to get everything to work except the halos. My headlights and foglights are now LED with no flicker or anything. Just no halos. I’m pretty sure you’re right, it needs flashed at a dealership to get it to work correctly as it seems the tazer just isn’t enough by itself.

It’s odd because it even has a section for halos on/off

Last edited:
OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
I'm glad this turned out to be a pretty helpful thread! It's nice to see things slowly working out for everyone trying it. Seems to be the (BCM Pins) part of the installation is the slight bottle neck, but at least the rest of it goes pretty quick!
Sponsored