MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Thinking about getting this kit in the next few months. Looking to confirm if the tazer or Superchip Flashpaq arent enough to get the halos running?
Sponsored

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about getting this kit in the next few months. Looking to confirm if the tazer or Superchip Flashpaq arent enough to get the halos running?
I have an appointment today at the dealership to get the BCM reflashed. I tried the Tazer and no luck getting the Halo’s turned on. If the BCM reflash works at the dealership, I’ll post here that it’s the only viable solution.

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Does anyone know about using the Tazer unit and warranty issues. If i purchased a set of led fender lights and was to use the Tazer unit to take care of the flicker issue would this impact my warranty at all? Ive already had the check engine light come on four times due to sensors and electrical issues and I would hate to have the dealer use this as a reason to not cover any future issues.

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know about using the Tazer unit and warranty issues. If i purchased a set of led fender lights and was to use the Tazer unit to take care of the flicker issue would this impact my warranty at all? Ive already had the check engine light come on four times due to sensors and electrical issues and I would hate to have the dealer use this as a reason to not cover any future issues.
My understanding is that as long as you unmarry and remove the device prior to taking it in, they won’t be able to say anything about it... Should you leave it on, or not “unmarry” it, they could use it as reason to skirt warranty issues.

That said, I used the Tazer to update my fender flare LED DRL/Turn, from the Halogen’s, on my JLUR, and it worked perfectly.

Sponsored

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Alasek @l.a.j.o.i.e Does anyone know what they told their dealership when they took in their Jeep to have it flashed for the Halo’s to work? My dealership (Napleton Chrysler Jeep, etc.) just charged me $160 and said that they didn’t see any flash in their info system that would allow for the halo’s to work... so still no halo’s... it’s got to be something with the wiring, but I have it configured the way that @Alasek and @gsilly pointed out...

Last edited:

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
If you are 100% sure that you hooked them up right
Is going to be programming
Just tell the dealer that the headlights aren’t working right

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are 100% sure that you hooked them up right
Is going to be programming
Just tell the dealer that the headlights aren’t working right
I just went through and disassembled at the BCM C1 plug end, and cleaned the wires, reinserted them into the “5” and “7” spots on the side with only those two spots open, and with the 1 on the side of the plug.

I double checked the plug end, and they are inserted fully into the exact spot, bottom center, of the plug.

I don’t know what else to do... other than try another dealer, but at $160 per visit, it’s getting ridiculous.

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
@StingGrayJL77

All I did was take my instruction packet (from the kit) with me to the dealership and showed them the sales code "LPX" is the code btw (on page 2) to flash to the BCM, along with the "Restore Vehicle Configuration" directions on page 16 to do afterwards.

Hope that helps! I left the instruction packet in my Jeep for them to reference back to just in case they played stupid like they had no clue what I was talking about and I'm glad I did because I could see they used it haha.

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@StingGrayJL77

All I did was take my instruction packet (from the kit) with me to the dealership and showed them the sales code "LPX" is the code btw (on page 2) to flash to the BCM, along with the "Restore Vehicle Configuration" directions on page 16 to do afterwards.

Hope that helps! I left the instruction packet in my Jeep for them to reference back to just in case they played stupid like they had no clue what I was talking about and I'm glad I did because I could see they used it haha.

Awesome! Thank you!

Sponsored

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
@StingGrayJL77

@StingGrayJL77

Is your halos working now?

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hey guys,

Happy to be making the post finally after chasing this factory kit (for a year) from Mopar.

I got a call from my dealership this morning that my LED Conversion Kit had arrived from Mopar. Seems pretty simple actually, both headlights, a very simple but well made wire harness that (works with) your factory halogen harness, the sales code to add, and a guide on how to align the headlights once installed.

The manual is 25 pages long, but comes with pictures and pretty decent step by step instructions. Comes with zip ties and a few extra clips for the installation as well.

This is the factory kit some people wanted for the lights, harness, etc that everyone with the Sport/Sport S and Non LED Saharas/Rubi's needed to complete the factory LED Headlight set up. Other routes exist besides this but I rarely read much about the kit from Mopar so I wanted to share it for anyone interested. I was surprised by how simple they made the kit, but again, I'm always happy for the non-complicated route.

I'll try to get this put on someday this week if the weather holds out. Nothing but rain clouds and storms here in Ohio. :rain:

I'll attach a few pictures to explain some of my gibberish lol. Fingers crossed it ends as smoothly as it looks. :rock:

Backstory: I went for this kit because I didn't have very good luck buying take offs from other owners, vendors, etc. I had a set of those 9" kiwi's and they blinded everyone in front of me and they're useless since I can't adjust those so I sent those back. I ended up with a weird LED set a few months back that was from Europe actually and those didn't have the (4th halo wire), which didn't have the halo ring and one was actually broken. Sooo long story short, I gave up and waited for my best option for me personally which was the factory offering LED Kit. At least these I can adjust and they aren't broken right out of the box haha. :CWL:

(TL:DR.........:handsinair: new lights showed up!)

IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg
IMG_4522.jpg
Where did you order these from? Everywhere I have looked they appear to be on backorder

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just went through and disassembled at the BCM C1 plug end, and cleaned the wires, reinserted them into the “5” and “7” spots on the side with only those two spots open, and with the 1 on the side of the plug.

I double checked the plug end, and they are inserted fully into the exact spot, bottom center, of the plug.

I don’t know what else to do... other than try another dealer, but at $160 per visit, it’s getting ridiculous.
Have your dealer call the dealer that I went to so they could get those halo lights to work
The name of the tech is Carlos and the service writer name was Mario
The dealer that I went to is in San Diego ca
And is Kearny Mesa Jeep and like said before when they flashed the BCM my halos weren’t working and told them and they re did the configuration again and after that the halos worked
Sponsored