l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Hey guys,

Happy to be making the post finally after chasing this factory kit (for a year) from Mopar.

I got a call from my dealership this morning that my LED Conversion Kit had arrived from Mopar. Seems pretty simple actually, both headlights, a very simple but well made wire harness that (works with) your factory halogen harness, the sales code to add, and a guide on how to align the headlights once installed.

The manual is 25 pages long, but comes with pictures and pretty decent step by step instructions. Comes with zip ties and a few extra clips for the installation as well.

This is the factory kit some people wanted for the lights, harness, etc that everyone with the Sport/Sport S and Non LED Saharas/Rubi's needed to complete the factory LED Headlight set up. Other routes exist besides this but I rarely read much about the kit from Mopar so I wanted to share it for anyone interested. I was surprised by how simple they made the kit, but again, I'm always happy for the non-complicated route.

I'll try to get this put on someday this week if the weather holds out. Nothing but rain clouds and storms here in Ohio. :rain:

I'll attach a few pictures to explain some of my gibberish lol. Fingers crossed it ends as smoothly as it looks. :rock:

Backstory: I went for this kit because I didn't have very good luck buying take offs from other owners, vendors, etc. I had a set of those 9" kiwi's and they blinded everyone in front of me and they're useless since I can't adjust those so I sent those back. I ended up with a weird LED set a few months back that was from Europe actually and those didn't have the (4th halo wire), which didn't have the halo ring and one was actually broken. Sooo long story short, I gave up and waited for my best option for me personally which was the factory offering LED Kit. At least these I can adjust and they aren't broken right out of the box haha. :CWL:

(TL:DR.........:handsinair: new lights showed up!)

IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg
IMG_4522.jpg
Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Please take as many pictures as you can of the install as i and many others will be doing this. The only hard part will be under the dash connecting it to the BCM, from what i saw. Thanks and congrats!

Last edited:
OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Please take as many pictures as you can of the install as i and many others will be doing this. The only hard part will be under the dash connecting it to the BCM, from what i saw. Thank and congrats!
I will certainly do my very best, I hope the weather cooperates so I can take my time and get some clear shots!

Sponsored

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Hey guys,

So today I installed the kit, sun was out for most the day :like:. Still working on fine tuning everything like zip ties, double checking the seating of the new wires inside the existing plugs, but the good news is the headlights work great! I just need to align them soon, maybe tonight I'll do that. The halos don't work but are officially hooked up. I'm hoping tomorrow if I can sneak a quick visit to the dealership and have them add the sales code from the instructions, that'll turn the halo's on. Otherwise I'll have to recheck my wiring which should be pretty damn easy at least. I took plenty of pictures, some I couldn't snap because I could barely fit my hand in some places (Firewall)/(BCM) and others are pretty self explanatory, but the instructions are very helpful filling in those gaps (but not perfect). :angry:

Just brainstorming, but are they not on simply because it's more of a DRL and that isn't enabled yet technically? (assuming I've hooked everything up correctly)....

Either way, I need the code added tomorrow and an oil change and rotation, so I hope I leave there happy with working halos and without an extra quart of oil like last time....:headbang:

~Cory

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I installed my Mopar LED headlights today but the one on the right side blinks and I wonder if is doing that because the BCM has to be re flash
Also when you ran the new wires to the BCM
Did you stick those pins where there were only two slots left on the harness?

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Alasek,

Tomorrow I'll try to get in and get the software things taken care of. Now I only had one flicker and it was tonight as I was aiming the new lights, but that's probably because I haven't had the BCM updated yet so I kinda figured it would happen to me at least once.

Also yes, as best as I could I pushed/inserted the pins into the open slots like the diagram said. I hope it was pushed in far enough because I couldn't go any farther. Do your halos work?

Weird but, I had like 3 open spots left on my harness to the BCM so go figure, the diagram said I should only have 2, but I still put them in the corresponding slots, even though I had more open slots compared to the sheet. It's pretty easy to see the correct ones so I know I didn't put it in the wrong one, I just hope I pushed them in far enough.......:whew:

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Alasek,

Tomorrow I'll try to get in and get the software things taken care of. Now I only had one flicker and it was tonight as I was aiming the new lights, but that's probably because I haven't had the BCM updated yet so I kinda figured it would happen to me at least once.

Also yes, as best as I could I pushed/inserted the pins into the open slots like the diagram said. I hope it was pushed in far enough because I couldn't go any farther. Do your halos work?

Weird but, I had like 3 open spots left on my harness to the BCM so go figure, the diagram said I should only have 2, but I still put them in the corresponding slots, even though I had more open slots compared to the sheet. It's pretty easy to see the correct ones so I know I didn't put it in the wrong one, I just hope I pushed them in far enough.......:whew:
My halos didn’t work
I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealer for the BCM configuration
I hope that configuration to the BCM works
Also on the diagram it’s kind of confusing where you supposed to run those pins
I had to go on the mopar website and look at the harness and see which was the #5 and 7 slot and it’s a little bit different than on the diagram that came in i the kit
The row full of pins that used after I ran the pins into the slots there were not free slots

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My halos didn’t work
I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealer for the BCM configuration
I hope that configuration to the BCM works
Also on the diagram it’s kind of confusing where you supposed to run those pins
I had to go on the mopar website and look at the harness and see which was the #5 and 7 slot and it’s a little bit different than on the diagram that came in i the kit
The row full of pins that used after I ran the pins into the slots there were not free slots
Do you have a link for that Mopar website for the pin diagram? Thanks!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Glad someone took the plunge on this. I had almost resigned myself to the cheap 9 inch halos from ebay but I would rather go this route. Please continue to post. Thanks!

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Welp, just got back from the dealership $115 to do the software stuff, the high and low beams work perfect, no flicker, etc. BUT the halos aren't working so that's not their issue it's mine most likely so I'll be chasing that gremlin today. Wish me luck!
Sponsored