Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
BMW Business Development Consultant/Landscape Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator had available a front trail camera with trail guides that look like tire marks. I have read that the 2021 Wrangler will also have it available. I want to know if I can get it installed on my 2019 JLUR??

I don’t want the aftermarket one from Tazer.

anyone know if it’s possible?
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I would imagine that it will be a Mopar accessory before long, how long is anybody's guess. I had to get a replacement for my Tazer camera, never did hear back from them regarding the total lack of quality on theirs. My advice is to NEVER buy ANYTHING from Tazer. The company is a joke.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I would be in for a Mopar front camera... if my U connect can handle it.....

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
absolutely not , all the vehicle monitoring cameras should be considered treason of highest degree to the true culture and spirit of off roading

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Where would such a camera be positioned? Would it be below or otherwise not where an optional hood lock might be or in that spot, thereby precluding the use of both such a camera and hood lock at the same time?

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I asked my service manager about the front facing trail camera. He said that you would have to completely replace the existing dash system and the computer because the current system will not allow for the additional input. He estimated the overall cost would be north of 2k for everything. Ouch. My question is has anyone looked into a fully wireless camera and monitor? I see HD systems for around 400 dollars, give or take.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in again/still

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I can only imagine for at least the 8.4 there should be a solution.

I went with the Amazon camera and the Tazer video wire route. The Tazer wire just plugged right into a couple empty pin positions in the radio harness.

The one weird thing is you need the Tazer to turn on the camera or tell the radio that there is a camera so the route I went you had to have the Tazer, which I already had so I went that route.

Having said that without a Tazer I have to believe Jeep could program the radio to tell it the camera is hooked up. Everything is already there. Even prior to all this there was a button that says cargo cam.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I asked my service manager about the front facing trail camera. He said that you would have to completely replace the existing dash system and the computer because the current system will not allow for the additional input. He estimated the overall cost would be north of 2k for everything. Ouch. My question is has anyone looked into a fully wireless camera and monitor? I see HD systems for around 400 dollars, give or take.
Sorry, but you ahold never ask anyone in dealership for advice. They cant read instructions, let alone know anything about adding parts that were not included from factory.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can only imagine for at least the 8.4 there should be a solution.

I went with the Amazon camera and the Tazer video wire route. The Tazer wire just plugged right into a couple empty pin positions in the radio harness.

The one weird thing is you need the Tazer to turn on the camera or tell the radio that there is a camera so the route I went you had to have the Tazer, which I already had so I went that route.

Having said that without a Tazer I have to believe Jeep could program the radio to tell it the camera is hooked up. Everything is already there. Even prior to all this there was a button that says cargo cam.
Does the Tazer offer the wheel guide lines?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Does the Tazer offer the wheel guide lines?
That is part of the camera not the Tazer I think. The camera I bought offers the lines like a back up camera. However if you do not want the lines you clip a wire and the lines are gone. That is why I beleive it is the camera not the radio of Tazer that does that. the Tazer just "turns on" the camera function in the radio.
Sponsored