Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bright Freakin' White
Occupation
IT Manager
Super easy. Plug in the cable and go. Easiest of any other vehicle I have towed
Are documents for the instructions and what all the harness controls available online somewhere? I'd like to read up and have not found any information about this flat tow harness. Thanks!

Hypalon Man

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Charokee, 18JL, MB Sprinter 3500 based WGO Navion
Are documents for the instructions and what all the harness controls available online somewhere? I'd like to read up and have not found any information about this flat tow harness. Thanks!
Assume there are diodes?

OP
OP
Broccoli2

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
The install is not the easy part for sure. I installed the trail hitch wire harness and it is almost the same, if you look that one up you will get the idea.. It also requires removal of the air box and the rear bumper. It is all plug and play. There are relay boxes that get mounted in behind the tail light. When the harness get plugged into the tow vehicle the hot from the tow vehicle trips the relay and changes power from the jeep to the tow vehicle. This eliminates any back feed to the jeep. I tested this by plugging in the harness to my motorhome then pushing the break pedal and turning on the lights to the jeep and nothing comes on..
The only lights that work when being towed are the rear tail lights and the license plate light.

WhiteElk

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL TwoDoor
I like the factory option, even given the extra installation time. Has any one found the part in stock?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broccoli2

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the factory option, even given the extra installation time. Has any one found the part in stock?
ahhh, I already installed it

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI but on the JK IF you left the vehicle in any type of power mode (aka aux or "on but not running") it would leave the stability control on and cause it brake from time to time. Think it had something to do with the different speed of the turning wheels during cornering and it getting confused in regards to speed.

In any event proceed with caution or do the Aux Switch wiring like I did OR buy the power tap from Cool Tech.

OP
OP
Broccoli2

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Broccoli2

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI but on the JK IF you left the vehicle in any type of power mode (aka aux or "on but not running") it would leave the stability control on and cause it brake from time to time. Think it had something to do with the different speed of the turning wheels during cornering and it getting confused in regards to speed.

In any event proceed with caution or do the Aux Switch wiring like I did OR buy the power tap from Cool Tech.
The factory harness does the same thing that cool tech does. Switching your switch manually has no bearing on anything. The switch only switches the lights from the jeep to the tow vehicle. The factory harness does the same thing with relays when it gets the constant power from the tow vehicle. Just make sure you don't leave the power on.

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The factory harness does the same thing that cool tech does. Switching your switch manually has no bearing on anything. The switch only switches the lights from the jeep to the tow vehicle. The factory harness does the same thing with relays when it gets the constant power from the tow vehicle. Just make sure you don't leave the power on.
Sorry should have quoted what I was replying too. This is in regards to making the 12 volt cigarette (not politically correct ha) lighter hot by leaving the "key on".

OP
OP
Broccoli2

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry should have quoted what I was replying too. This is in regards to making the 12 volt cigarette (not politically correct ha) lighter hot by leaving the "key on".
That makes a lot more sense. In that case, I agree

T's Jeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S - 2 door
I just picked up my Mopar RV Tow Harness - Jeep Wrangler (Part # 82215382AB) from my local dealer. I plan on installing it when the weather gets warmer. I have a Blue Ox Tow bar installed and a Roadmaster Invisibrake already installed. Has anyone installed the RV Towing harness with the Roadmaster Invisibrake? If so how did you connect the two so that they use one common electrical umbilical from the RV to the Jeep? Will splicing the two sets of wires together and connecting to the receiver plug on the front of the Jeep work? I have attached a copy of the RV Tow Harness installation instructions for those considering installing the harness too.

Attachments

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
For those that have this harness......two questions:
Is the round connector to the Tow Vehicle 6 or 7 pin?
Do the instructions list any options for getting a 12v signal from the Tow Vehicle for a battery charger on the Toad?

Thanks,

Bill

WhiteElk

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL TwoDoor
For those that have this harness......two questions:
Is the round connector to the Tow Vehicle 6 or 7 pin?
Do the instructions list any options for getting a 12v signal from the Tow Vehicle for a battery charger on the Toad?

Thanks,

Bill
The RV connector is RV seven-way round.

I have the same question about RV power to Jeep battery for charging purposes. I ordered the Mopar harness assuming that the harness will enable RV charging of the Jeep battery. I’m Hoping Broccoli2 will reply to this question.
Sponsored